#1April 2nd, 2012 · 05:37 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United States of America
Some Kewl & Humble musicians
I recently had the opportunity film a drummer's clinic
and I'm not sure if its alright to share with everyone here but was
hoping to at least share some kewl music from some pretty humble musicians (in my opinion)
Check it out & thanks for being open.

#2April 3rd, 2012 · 02:57 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hmm! Being grateful to people for being open to a pie in the face is a bit patronising as far as I can see.
As with everyone who want to share great music .. take part in the community, review other members music, they will then review yours ... this site works like that ....

I always like watching my old friend M in action ... so simple yet so good ... you should check it out ... thank you ...

#3April 3rd, 2012 · 09:33 AM
1 threads
4 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the feedback. The guitar player you posted is VERY cool. I thought what he played was NICE!
#4April 3rd, 2012 · 12:31 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Checked out a little of your vid ... your production ? Quite a cool jam, guys definitely know their stuff.
Thanks for just coming over and just throwing this up here .... so what are you selling ... Mr Can I kick it ?
A bit long though ...
#5April 3rd, 2012 · 01:30 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United States of America
lol no selling bro just sharing & yes I was a part of the production it was a cool partnership between guitar center, myself & Varo. they were all really cool to work with and it just felt good to share in the whole experience. Don't see a lot of positiveness happening now days so its cool to share in the hopes that (seeing working musicians being positive) it might spread and continue the already positive movement that happening. Same thing you guys do at BANDAMP along with other organizations around the world, Just more good vibes to add in. Sorry for the lengthiness lol
#6April 3rd, 2012 · 01:33 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A couple of things came to mind after watching what I did of this .... why are they flicking Vs at each other .... do they not realise it's a sign that derives from the feared English bowmen, who if caught by the French would get their first two fingers cut off, to stop them being able to fire a bow .... so the English bowmen would stand in line before the quivering French and flick the V at them ... in so many gestures saying: 'We still have ours so fuck off'.

So Mr Can I kick it is telling his followers to 'give up the self' to become famous ...... 
Does he not mean 'Give up the self if you want to be a session musician' ?

It seams to me that all the really famous people who originally took part in the phenomenon "fame" were very much themselves .... or at least doing everything they could to 'find themselves' ......

Just sharing some after dinner thoughts ... thank you
#7April 3rd, 2012 · 02:29 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United States of America
lol the V in the states has been used for so many reasons but in this case it actually means "peace".
Many grow up differently adn because of it some things that you might remember may mean somethng entirely different in another part of the world but I understand what you mean : )

Not sure if I understand why you call him "Mr Can I kick it" lol his name is Tavarius Johnson but many call him Varo. lol the part your speaking about when he says give up self  he's speaking to musicians who are really full of themselves and instead of bragging & being full of yourself while trying to secure a working gig put yourself in a place humility and understand that you are not the only person on the gig and for the music to sound good you have to work together. Plus nobody likes an arrogant musician. That was what he meant during that part.

I really get where you're coming from with the story about famous people but also consider that the world of artists and the world of musicians are entirely different and also consider when looking at artists how much is spent into the image and branding of that artist because so many have brands & images that look one way but also have had news stories come out that depict an entirely different person too.

One of my friends told me "Music is a series of thoughts and sentences when you're by yourself but
when among other musicians, music becomes a conversation. You all have to respect each other by talking and then listening to what the other has to say." I thought that was a nice way to put it. Sorry for the long length not so good at putting my thoughts into 3 or 4 sentence frames. lol  i gotta work on that
#8April 3rd, 2012 · 04:08 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes I know what you mean with things changing around as they move around, time can do the same thing.

I like your friends adage a lot, though a jazz rooted jam like Varo and his band are doing is a conversation I'd still say a song is a statement.

Yea! Fame ain't what it used to be !        Dollar signs for stars in their eyes .....

I have no problem what so ever with your long posts .... good getting to know you .... now go and review some songs then upload some of your own music if you have some.     

Soul comes from the bottom up !
#9April 3rd, 2012 · 04:20 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United States of America
Much love & respect! & will do!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.