#1December 28th, 2011 · 01:37 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
re This Wheel's on Fire Vid
Saw new member alex checking the rules re covers on bandamp and reminded me .
We were advised that a good way to get it out there is knock up a video for the song , post to youtube then tag the crap out of it.You get a matched material flag from youtube & its all kosher.Linking to original artist and those who have covered the song will pull in some hits to your page.
This one took 4 hours to shoot and only moderate cursing during the editing...but we are getting better.
Here in sydney FBI radio 94.5fm  have a program that feature cover versions only.So if you get a good one down send a download link to the dj Stuart.He picked it up on the strength of the youtube vid.

http://www.fbiradio.com/

He gave it a spin yesterday in his program

Hope you enjoy as much as we did
#2December 28th, 2011 · 06:52 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
You video just get better - keep working on them, let your imagination run wild 

IT!
#3December 28th, 2011 · 07:19 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
blakhatz wrote…

What do you think?? ...............................................................................................Of course I did.

Particually I found that "drop.shaped" git quite funny. Seems a strange construction : 12 strings, but only 6 tuning pegs.? 
Is it one of these 70s gits? For a few yrs one could purchase these models via catalogue, but not in serious git-stores.
Or is it a new one? Which brand is it?

U.L.I.
#4December 28th, 2011 · 11:17 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Greg- this is a great version of this song - I prefer your version over any of the versions provided by The Band, The Byrds, Golden Earring, Julie Driscoll etc... (or even Dylan himself). You version has a great "punch" to it that I love. Your vocal delivery on this one even takes on a "Dylanesque" vibe - GREAT! The video is extremely well-done and interesting!

ULI wrote…
blakhatz wrote…

What do you think?? ...............................................................................................Of course I did.

Particually I found that "drop.shaped" git quite funny. Seems a strange construction : 12 strings, but only 6 tuning pegs.? 
Is it one of these 70s gits? For a few yrs one could purchase these models via catalogue, but not in serious git-stores.
Or is it a new one? Which brand is it?

U.L.I.
ULI, I'm gonna take a guess at this one (while we await Greg's response). I'm going to guess that this is a "Fabtone", and it is actually a 6-string, not a 12-string (there is a slight video distortion that occurs at points during the video that makes the strings look "doubled"). Fabtone is an Australian-made guitar. Among their offerings is an imitation of the old Vox "Mark VI" (a guitar used widely during the sixties). I've dug up some info on the original Vox Teardrop guitars which you can find here.
#5December 28th, 2011 · 08:11 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
thanks guys
for the encouraging feed back. Yup you're on the money ULI the white one is indeed a 6 string fabtone it wasn't used on the audio recording though.
For that
Pete used an  yamaha apx 500 , his classic george harrison setup gretch Tennessee Rose through a vox ac 30 & the 'rogue' resonator guitar bought from website in Illinois USA briefly in shot  25 secs in ..it gave a sitar sound.
His aim is to use a different guitar in every video so as you can imagine his collection is growing.....lucky he's a single man with a good job.
Thanks 4 the links ULI Pete also mentioned

http://www.phantomguitars.com/

who do repros of classic 60s guitars
Video shot on canon hsf 21 set to mxp the transfer to computer of about 40 min in all of raw footage totalled over 50 gig. It takes hours, also dealing with the progressive framing distortion is a whole new world.
My editor friend with commercial TV says they are having issues as the cameras are way ahead of the software to handle the data. Rather than import to computer they transfer direct to digi beta tape then import .
1 step forward 10 steps back.
gg
#6December 29th, 2011 · 04:08 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
That "frame distortion issue" is a crazy thing.   Everything on the vid looks clearly exept the strings, they appear "doubled".

These fabtone gits are quite expensive, 850$ for a 6-string model.........wow!!!!.
Iīd never pay so much money for such a git.  But when Pete has a good job maybe it doesnīt hurt that much.in terms of money.   Anyway itīs an eye-catcher in the vid.

Perhaps is thisone Peteīs next investment.

A happy new year to you, Greg and the rest of the "blakhatz".
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 8:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.