#1August 17th, 2011 · 09:31 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Cloudfist (Metal/Rock)
My band just posted our new CD to BandCamp last night. It's free to listen (and to download) and we'd love to get your feedback and suggestions on the recording and mix.

http://pilotlessdrone.bandcamp.com
#2August 17th, 2011 · 02:23 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hi

For your information Mr Cloudfist this is the Audio Review where members post songs to be reviewed ....... so let me put it a different way, this is News and Events where spam, personal or corporate belongs ...... I know it's not really written clearly on the door as you come in, but usually you eventually get one of those taps on the shoulder and an "All right matey, and what exactly do you think your doing?", and you get moved .....Voilà!
#3August 17th, 2011 · 02:26 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Er... I posted my freshly recorded-and-uploaded music and asked for feedback. What part of that doesn't belong under an "Audio Review" forum?
#4August 17th, 2011 · 02:29 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
This seems like kind of a dick move, to be honest. What exactly did I violate when I posted that?

If it's a matter of "you have to be a quiet member, speaking only when spoken to for X days before you can start posting your own stuff" then fine. State that a little more clearly somewhere. But otherwise I don't see why I deserved that kind of response from you.
#5August 17th, 2011 · 02:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
brianvaughn wrote…
This seems like kind of a dick move, to be honest. What exactly did I violate when I posted that?

If it's a matter of "you have to be a quiet member, speaking only when spoken to for X days before you can start posting your own stuff" then fine. State that a little more clearly somewhere. But otherwise I don't see why I deserved that kind of response from you.

Hey,

You made a mistake it often happens here on new members, don't worry about it, the tab on the home page FAQs will cover everything, but here is the section copied from it.

Your Music

The My Music section contains all of the songs you have uploaded to BandAMP. It shows the number of votes the song has recieved (good or bad), the average score of the song (based on votes), which month’s battle the song is in (if any), and if applicable, the number of days left in that battle.

This is also where you can enter your songs into a battle, remove it from the battle, or delete the song altogether.

Note that if you remove a song from a battle, it stays on BandAMP. Others can still listen to it whenever they wish, despite the fact that the song isn’t in the competition anymore. Additionally, members may post comments about the song, and still cast votes, though the song isn’t eligible for winning.

This is also where upload your songs to BandAMP.

For extra help on uploading, troubleshooting and such, please read the information concerning such topics, located further down the page. Click here to be taken to the UPLOADING troubleshooting walkthrough section, or here for PLAYBACK issues.

Your Playlist

Your playlist is made up of songs that you have explicitly chosen to be shown in this section.

In this section, you see the actual player (which you can launch into a new window sized for the player) and also the more-detailed information about the songs you have listed in the playlist, such as time, size of file, and bitrate. You can also download the mp3 versions of the files from here, or erase the file from the playlist.

To add a song to your playlist, browse to the desired song in the Audio Review section, or by clicking on the song title in the author’s profile. From here, you will see a green "+" sign in the top right corner of the song’s post. Clicking this "+" will add the song to your playlist, though it will not download the song to your computer.

The playlist is only accessable from BandAMP. The playlist does not exist on your computer. This means, though, that you can log into BandAMP from any location and your playlist will available without having to rebuild it.

Look forward to hearing your music, but it will be in a weeks time I'm off on holiday to Turkey for week tomorrow.
Cheers
Denis
#6August 17th, 2011 · 06:47 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
brianvaughn wrote…
Er... I posted my freshly recorded-and-uploaded music and asked for feedback. What part of that doesn't belong under an "Audio Review" forum?
No you did not ... you posted a link to "freshly recorded" bla bla bla

brianvaughn again wrote…

A dick move ... I like that, it's funny ... you mean like erect and in your face going "weeeeee"

You deserve this kind of response from me because I'm 'on duty' ..... you would have been move anyway with a please and thank you or a kick in the nuts .... it makes no difference, it's just spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam......know what I mean.

Taking part in something takes a different approach and as I said I know it's not written on the door but you do need to check it out a little first before posting your spam just anywhere.

Review ... as in take an interest in others ...
#7August 17th, 2011 · 06:52 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…

Look forward to hearing your music, but it will be in a weeks time I'm off on holiday to Turkey for week tomorrow.
Cheers
Denis

Have a good time matey, enjoy your self, take care and come back ... inspired !

We're off to North Wales on Friday ... that's seven of us .... 
#8August 18th, 2011 · 01:01 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Thanks @ Denis for the actually helpful response. I really appreciate that. It wasn't obvious at first to me, so I assumed this forum worked as did the others that I've participated in (including the Reddit music subsections I regularly participate in).

@Kings You might try giving more helpful responses to new members when you're "on duty". Remember, it's just a forum and you're just a moderator.
#9August 18th, 2011 · 01:18 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
brianvaughn wrote…
Thanks @ Denis for the actually helpful response. I really appreciate that. It wasn't obvious at first to me, so I assumed this forum worked as did the others that I've participated in (including the Reddit music subsections I regularly participate in).

@Kings You might try giving more helpful responses to new members when you're "on duty". Remember, it's just a forum and you're just a moderator. ;)

So where do I think I am and who do I think I am then ? .... and you post "special" spam do you ?

Welcome on board anyway matey. Hope you enjoy the ride.
Keep on taking part...and not just on your own threads.
We know you cant post your bandcamp stuff that's up for sale but you can post some other stuff, this is after all just a site for indi artists. 

You should thank your shinning soul Marino isn't a Mod LOL
#10August 18th, 2011 · 04:04 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Look I get the feeling you don't care, but let's at least keep the facts straight here. The BandCamp stuff isn't up "for sale". It's free, as is all of the rest of my music: briandavidvaughn.com/music

I look forward to participating in this community of musicians, if it turns out to be active. (Some are, some aren't.) I regret that my initial post didn't jive with the normal way of doing things, but in my excitement to share the stuff myself and my friend had just finished recording- I misunderstood the forum rules here.

There is not, nor has there been, any real reason for such animosity from you. You could have just done what Denis did and say "hey, here's how we normally do things" and I would have gladly complied. I've been listening and leaving feedback today during my work breaks and I'll be happy to continue doing so.

There is a certain point there where mods with communication styles such as yourself will drive away potential members to this community. And, if this forum is anything like the other ones I participate in, it would be sad to see an active musician turned away.
#11August 18th, 2011 · 04:45 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
this forum isnt in any way like the others :p
it used to be the most friendly, so its unlucky you have a start like this
i guess there must have been some misunderstanding or misinterpreting, or someone had a bad day..
or i must be wrong...

#12August 18th, 2011 · 04:48 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
No worries mate. Sounds like maybe things just got off to a rough start.

I'll stick around and see how it goes. So far it's been interesting listening to what others have posted. More of a variety than the Reddit forums I frequent.
#13August 18th, 2011 · 06:34 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
brianvaughn wrote…
Look I get the feeling you don't care, but let's at least keep the facts straight here. The BandCamp stuff isn't up "for sale". It's free, as is all of the rest of my music: briandavidvaughn.com/music

I look forward to participating in this community of musicians, if it turns out to be active. (Some are, some aren't.) I regret that my initial post didn't jive with the normal way of doing things, but in my excitement to share the stuff myself and my friend had just finished recording- I misunderstood the forum rules here.

There is not, nor has there been, any real reason for such animosity from you. You could have just done what Denis did and say "hey, here's how we normally do things" and I would have gladly complied. I've been listening and leaving feedback today during my work breaks and I'll be happy to continue doing so.

There is a certain point there where mods with communication styles such as yourself will drive away potential members to this community. And, if this forum is anything like the other ones I participate in, it would be sad to see an active musician turned away.

Yes your right maybe I've been a bit harsh on you, now that you've explained your self, your reasons and your intent, your post was a simple misunderstanding.
I've seen enough threads and posts that look and work just like yours, enough to move them on in my own way, taking the same liberties with them as they have taken with the site.

Review peoples songs 
Post your own stuff
Hang out for a while .... that's the front door. 

You've got into it so far anyway ! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:05 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.