#1September 14th, 2010 · 09:05 AM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
EyeSeeSound
Right, we do this: wwweyeseesoundtv

Mostly it is for people wanting to discover great independent and DIY music, and i've no doubt that people on this forum like that, but you are also a forum of music makers, thus i'm assuming you'll view it as a possible outlet, and feel free to. The caveat is that we do it because we love it and it reflects our taste, so if anyone gets in touch and we say no, apologies in advance and please don't take offence... love of music is subjective.

The site is all free, on all sides, as we have a webTV show, Live Sessions, online Mix Tapes, Music Videos and Short Films/Animations.

New content every week (unless i'm ill when I can't be arsed... hey, one of the joys of being non-corporate DIYers I guess) and there's even a free 12 track album with another on the way (of the live sessions).

Right, that's it. If you do go along and like it please spread the word. There's a sea of websites out there and although we're doing something good and for the right reasons, it's hard to float above the sea of PRd sites out there.

ta, and good luck with your pursuits.
#2September 14th, 2010 · 09:40 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Classified as SPAM but with ?some? relevant content, I've put you here, just to put you somewhere!
#3September 14th, 2010 · 01:26 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
Fair enough

At the very least thanks for not deleting. never too sure about posting in forums but I figure indie music forums at least has people who like independent music and always hoping the fact it's all free and DIY... plus a great way of finding decent unknown bands... will let us remain... and you did, so cheers.

Plus you may have some corking acts on here who we discover through it, so always worth a post.
#4September 14th, 2010 · 02:05 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Corking acts we do have...whether you discover them by posting a link here I doubt.

If the site is all your own and your serious (I have not been there yet) I'm sure you have limited time BUT if you do have some time check out the Hall of Fame, you might 'discover' the corkers and then personally ask them to "get on board" with you in your venture.

#5September 14th, 2010 · 02:25 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
right, cheers, will do.

yep it is ours, plus we run it in our spare time but getting pointers is always great, otherwise we trawl the web trying to find stuff and having to listen to a lot that isn't up to scratch.

right, just had a peak at that link... it's the best from here isn't it. nice. thank you
#6September 14th, 2010 · 05:03 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hmm.... Eye See Sound..... I was so impressed I bought the company....well I registered at least!
Cool set up ...I'm now listening to your Pop-Up Player, some very good music being played.
You really have been trawling around looking for the good stuff!!
So when exactly did you go live....I'm your 6th member.
#7September 14th, 2010 · 05:11 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
ha ha, if you did register it i'll be having words with Companies House And not sure it's worth buying at the moment, other than as a money-pit vanity project

thank you for your kind words. it's a lot of work sifting through and finding great stuff, especially as we pretty much avoid anything with a fair amount of profile, but hopefully in the long run it'll pay off and all these bands will start to be found by music lovers and the final nails in the coffin of McMusic will begin. We're also hoping more sites like ours... as in run with a good ethos and for subjective but honest taste rather than backscratching and advertising revenue will pop up and a grassroots DIY media collective will form and offer an alternative to the hegemony... wishful thinking maybe, but hey, you've got to start somewhere.

we've been messing around with the whole project for about 2 years now. All in public, so those that have known us a while have seen our mistakes and evolution. We finally feel like we've got the site looking right (about 2 months ago was the last facelift and layout tweaking) and are happy with the formats etc. So now we're just trying to get it out there and adding more content that we like.

really appreciate your words though, even when we get one compliment a week that compliment makes us feel like we are doing something right and it's worth the hassle and expense (and yep, it is quite expensive

Oh, and I always love it when i hear people are using the pop up jukebox, so thank you. And keep coming back
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.