#1May 25th, 2006 · 11:00 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
A benefit cd
anyone interested in helping a family in need please read this....

There is a family I am aquanted with through an email group who's little girl has bilateral retinoblastoma.. this is a cancer of the eyes... she had to have one eye removed, and the other is questionable as to whether it will stay.... Every year we put together a cd where we all submit one or two songs, and the proceeds go to a member in need.. this year it is going to this lovely girl and her family...  Please buy a cd, even if you hate banjo music, (it's pretty much all banjo) but the price is only 6 dollars, and most of that will go to the family, noone makes money from this venture, all the people involved in burning are donating their time, the only cost is the cd and sleeve.. there will be no liner, you can download that and print it yourself.. to save on cost..

http://mysite.verizon.net/resq8sjj/banjostuff/id12.html  this is the link

Thank you.....
               Jim K
#2May 26th, 2006 · 05:01 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Put SAILING TO JENNY on the CD if you can... I'll be happy to contribute that way.
#3May 28th, 2006 · 01:11 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
JBP wrote…
Put SAILING TO JENNY on the CD if you can... I'll be happy to contribute that way.
OK,  I offered your song to the group, and they agreed..This song will be included in the cd.... thank you JBP.....  Now, as for the sales....

There will be people in the UK ready to ship the cd as soon as it is processed.....

The cd is just a thing we do as a group,The Banjo Buddies, to see how much we have progressed during the last year... it is a fun project....  but, we also try to raise money for a Banjo Buddie in need....

THanks alot guys!!!  Already had a response or two from here... Let's get more cd's sold......

This little girl deserves something nice...  Look at her..... isn't she adorable?

Jim K

please add .50 cents US if paying by paypal, to cover paypal fees... And there may be additional shipping charges, pm me if you have any questions about it....

Thanks again...

#4May 29th, 2006 · 09:57 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
81 posts
Philippines
Sorry , but the only payement i could make is with my visa card and it does not work with paypal.
#5July 22nd, 2006 · 07:33 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Heyhey, I received the CD recently

oohhh I really like it a lot! the quality of the tunes is really good and entertaining, especially because of that human feel behind it. True folk from the true musicians alright.

Some tunes are more than just good - and admittedly, some guys may need a little more practice but that doesn't matter at all, it's a really nice compilation and sits perfectly in the CD player for a good hour of folky relaxation while I'm having a beer on the balcony.

And some of the songs are of pro quality even, done by entire folk combos.

Anyway, what matters most is the good cause.

I am glad I bought 1. It's always nice to receive a package from across the atlantic
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 11:05 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.