#1May 7th, 2006 · 08:17 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Mixing Contest Experiment
Hello everyone!

Man, I really like this site... It has done so much for me as a musician, opened up so many doors I never realized were even there...

At one point I came up with the idea to have some members remix one of my tunes... Some of you know this, but I think most of you don't, as I didn't want it to be hyped and it's all been a big experiment, but I am very happy with the mixes I've received, and I've posted them

HERE

Anonymously, to make for unbiased voting behaviour.

Now, I am looking for voters
If anyone wants to listen to these mixes and send me a top-3 (not in random order!) to:

votes4tsbattle@yahoo.com

I will be even happier!

please do NOT send your votes via the BandAMP pm system - my inbox is almost full!

And... you do not have to be a member of this site if you want to vote... Lurkers are welcome too, just as long you do place serious votes, preferrably with a short motivation as to why a mix gets your 1, 2 or 3 ranking or not.

The way it works is... The contestants own votes count for 50% of the final outcome.. external votes will count for the other 50%... The winner will receive a CD and a T shirt... Runners up will receive T shirts... All voters will receive a nice thank you note in their email

Anyway... an experiment this is... Maybe I'll repeat it someday with another song (upon success)...

And let's say the voting round ends at May 20th... So I'll be able to ship the winner's goods before the end of the month...

So, thanks for your time and attention!

Hope to hear from you...
#2May 9th, 2006 · 01:44 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
A big thanks to those who have been so kind to send me their votes...

For them and for all who are to come I'll share download links to sample banks of mine (not publicly available!)... over 300 MB of .rar archives.

So keep the votes coming! Thanks!
#3May 15th, 2006 · 05:07 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
MMkay.. anyone else willing to cast some votes? it would be great, I'd really love that!

check this: http://www.achterband.nl/?c=album&id=91

and send your top-3 to votes4tsbattle@yahoo.com

in return you'll receive download links to sample banks, over 300 MB worth
#4May 21st, 2006 · 10:17 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT
Hurrah!!!

The experimental contest is closed and the votes have been counted!

First of all, the remixes were done by the following people:

mix 1 - PX... yes, this was my own mix alright... hehehe
mix 2 - TRITONKEYBOARDER
mix 3 - MAXDB
mix 4 - JIMKDAADTMAN
mix 5 - JIMINUK
mix 6 - DEVO

The remixer's own votes clearly stated that mix 5 - Jiminuks - was the best, almost unanymously ranked 1, with 23 points out of a possible 25.

Mix 2 - TritonK's - came in second with an overwhelming 15 points,

and Mix 1 came in third with an amazing 10 points, but since my ranking doesn't count, this third place moves to the next in line, which is Mix 3 with 8 points, by MaxdB!

External voters voted quite differently, to my amazement -

According to the external votes, Mix 2 was the best with 13 points out of a possible 20, followed directly by Mix 1 with 12 points... Third came Mix 6 (by Devo) with 10 points and fourth was Mix 4 by JimK with 7 points. Of the external voters, only one person voted for Jiminuks mix, and that a nr 1 position giving him 5 points and a 5th place. Mix 3 ended last with 3 points from a single nr 2 position vote....

So:

MIX 2 WINS THE CONTEST with a 2nd and 1st place position! Congratulations, TritonK, on winning a Totem Spectre: The Dollhouse Candle Disaster CD and an XXXL "I'm The Remix Boss!" T!
MIX 5 GETS 2ND PLACE with a 1st place and a 4th place position!
Congratulations, Jiminuk, on winning a "I'm a Remix Hero!" T! (color)
MIX 6 GETS 3RD PLACE with a 2nd place... and a 5th place position.
Congratulations, Devo, on winning a "I'm a Remix Weirdo!" (color) T!

Thanks also to JimK and MaxdB... Thanks for remixing my song... I love your mixes really, and to thank you, you will both receive "Remix Hero/Weirdo" shirts, but then in greytones. After all I can't let you stay under-dressed for summer, now can I?

Please all contestants, contact me with your shipping information, your size, and whether you prefer sleeveless T's or not. I will ship ASAP!

Thanks again!

Cheers
#5May 21st, 2006 · 10:43 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Listening them now, cause I didn't take the time before - sorry, I was an idiot, cause I would have take it- I definitely have voted for JimK for first place;  he was the most original of all them. Althougyh, Jiminuk did a great job too. Ohh, now I'm listening to Devo's mix and it's pretty good too, also original, I can't tell were is the original song though... don't know... here are my 3 votes ( I was writing while I was listening the songs):
1°: JimK
2°: Jiminuk
3°: Devo
That's my opinion, but, anyway, good mixing from all of them.

> Iszil
#6May 25th, 2006 · 03:42 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Woo, I've won something (OK, 2nd place overall - but I'm happy)  So that's a t-shirt I get!

I was thinking about the disparity between the "mixers" and the "non-mixers" in the voting.  My guess is because those in the competition had heard the raw tracks, and had an appreciation of how much had changed; without hearing them first, you'd naturally pick the one that sounds best to your ears.

This was great fun to do, and it taught me loads about the blending of sounds and how to use Cubase with plugins!!!

Thanks PX, I enjoyed it.

........... so, when do I get my T-shirt?
#7May 25th, 2006 · 06:53 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yes I liked this experiment a lot too. I am definately going to launch something similar again, but not soon... Though T shirts are relatively inexpensive, I don't want to have to hand them out more than once every 6 months or so.. know whadda mean?

.... you'll get your T shirt when I get your shipping information, this speaks for itself. Cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.