#1March 15th, 2009 · 02:03 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Music and work, work and music!
Just before Christmas Chris, a colleague of mine (who used to be in a band many years ago, but failed to get a recording contract because when EMI were selecting a new artist to promote in the early 80s, they decided to go with Kajagoogoo rather than his band!) suggested that we put on a bit of a show in a pub near work with guest artist who work with us (or at least in the same building).
We put adverts out at the start of the new year, booked the venue, started looking for songs to play, and started rehearsing.
After nearly 3 months of work, we're nearly there! 
The gig is on the 26th March.  40 songs, 9 artists, and about 80 people from work turning up to look at us make fools of ourselves!
It's taken one hell of a lot of work; I was nominated "musical director", which sounds fun until you realise that all the arrangements, and the running order are up to me!
So if anyone is anywhere near Southwark, in South London on the 26th - feel free to come along, free entry, free food, (with a collection for the Firefighters Charity and Hemihelp during the evening).
It should be loads of fun.
#2March 16th, 2009 · 03:47 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I'm going to give you more work now...lol
Can you please try to record the gig and put up on the AMP, you could ask someone to video it too?

I won't be able to come on the gig that day, sorry mate, why not post the address of the venue.

It's great you got the band ready for the gig, I'm sure as you said it will be great fun.

Cheers

Denis
#3March 16th, 2009 · 11:04 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Sounds like a great time. I too would love to see a video of it . or at least audio recording of it. 
Knowing somewhat of your talents and abilities I am sure it will be great !  The songs you post on band amp are excellent and it sounds like you are going to be performing with some very talented players too.

Maybe this will turn into something you can do more than just once.  '

I hope everything goes well (I'm sure it will) , I wished I have the money to jump the pod and enjoy the show.

break a leg .. as they say.
#4March 19th, 2009 · 05:48 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments guys - yes I'll see if I can record it, then post one or two songs on Bandamp (if they sound ok).
If it does work out alright, then we may do another gig - but not for a while, after all I do have to work sometimes!
If anyone is about, it starts at 7pm and is at The Escape PH, in Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 (next door to the fire station)

.... 1 week to go!!!
#5March 29th, 2009 · 07:05 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
So we did it!  3 and a bit hours of playing to a crowded house - loads of fun, lots of work.
And they've asked us back!
There are a couple of songs worthwhile posting - not so much for their musical brilliance, more because they demonstrate what a fun evening we had.
Cheers
Jim A
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.