1 2

#1October 11th, 2005 · 10:59 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
BANDAMP CD'S - Updates Everyday!
Well since everything was deleted from all my last posts, I decided to make a new thread and put EVERYTHING you need to know about the cd's on this thread. Scroll below to see what we've been up too. :-D

I FINALLY HAVE THE CD'S!!!!! Thank you Tim! Though you're not here to see this (tonightslastsong), I have the  first cd of BandAMP in my hands and I will be shipping out the cd's hopefully within the next week or so, considering they're all ready to go. The locations the cd's will be going to are ... four to England, one to Indonesia, one to Australia, one to Maryland, one to Iowa and one to California. If we get any replies to airplay, I'll let you know but just because they don't tell me they're playing the music, doesn't mean they're actually not playing it. Let's keep out fingers crossed. :-D

Production for the next cd, December's edition, is going a bit slower than hoped. Some people have been contacting me to ask if there song has made it onto the cd, since I posted username's that were up for the running in another thread (but that was erased I think), but since BandAMP was down for awhile me and the other board members were not able to listen to some songs and review them in time and some may have even been deleted. If you're song was among one of the deleted ones, we'll contact you about it if it was voted to be on the cd. Hopefully next week we'll be able to list the songs that will actually be on the cd. By the way, I need PuppetXeno, CreativeControl, Apache and Nicu24 to contact me a.s.a.p. because we need to vote on these songs immediatly. Me and Tom already worked on it for about 2 1/2 hours and we didn't even get half the songs done so this has got to go fast now since Dave (DaveUK) has to master these things too. Contact me either private message via BandAMP to heylittlelady2005, email to heylittlelady2005@yahoo.com or instant message me via aol IM to jeditoughgirl. Thanks!

Now, for the October judging of the cd's, I have most of those songs picked out too but there's still a few spaces open so EVERYONE, post your songs on BandAMP by October 21st to be in the running because the next deadline isn't till November 29th! We need four new board members to help with the judging so if anyone's interested, please use the contact info above in #2 so I can put you down. Sorry guys, first come, first serve. But if we get more than four applications, we'll put you down for next month's judging too.

Below is a list of all the username's in September's running to be on the December cd's. Remeber, the genres are Electronica/Dance, Metal/Hard Rock, Alternative/Rock and Blues/Pop (I know that doesn't go together but both of those genres are just too small). If your song from the list is chosen, we'll private message you a.s.a.p. to get permission and to congratulate you.

aaronmatthew
bassboyjohnny
atreidslegend
petermoncrieff
Magic8
Lucky
ashnazg
Brider77
CGBMike
artofbeing
Tada
AcousticMelody
cyron
steiger
BrownSugar
Philth
Micosis
FEVERTREE
JimkDaAdtman
Tom1989
Jamman76
sp00nman
RIPDimebag
Chill
ecaces
Roberto101
sweetbabyjay
MeTaLMaLiTiA
DanK
DTF
EMG1
lAbsolutel
Rambinbrothers
Rodan
Pedrodevez
nosferatucba
clusterone
rickSTL
dzuadlym
Amused
Iszil
rancidriot
Adam
stavros
Pogman
randomdave
Mockingbirdkids
EducatedGuess
JBP
PorcelainDoll
DaveUK
einner85r

Congratulations to everyone! Hope your songs make the cut!

Erica
#2October 11th, 2005 · 11:00 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
My goodness you are on the ball! You don't let any grass grow under you, do you? WTG, girl!
Either that, or you're reading my mind, I mean, I just hit post on the other thread!
#3October 12th, 2005 · 12:30 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
lol I like to get things done immediatly!
#4October 12th, 2005 · 05:22 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Any ideas on what the cover art and booklet layouts gonna look like? Sorry I missed out on the previous CD thing, but I've only been a member since September so... 
#5October 12th, 2005 · 06:59 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
well not sure yet, currently looking into it. first, i'd like to get cd titles down so I can try to find something to go with it. I'd like everyone to start making suggestions for the cd title now so me and the board members can vote on the issue between December 14 and 28th. I'm starting to contact radio stations again so when I get some, I'll post the locations here and what radio station it is so you can listen in your area! I'd still like to keep open a few ideas for titles that we had for the last cd. They're listed below. Anyone else please feel free to comment!
We've Come This Far

We've Just Begun...

Startin' Somethin'

The Throwback

Mission Accomplished

The Halftime Show (my fave lol)

Footprints ... or Handprints?

Dive On In

Left Behind

Caving In...

Closing Time

Incense Of Life (is that how you spell it?)

Out In The Open

Underneath The Bed

BandAMP's Best

Brand New Day

Now, Not Never

The Star Room

Best If Heard Before 12/31/12 (where the hell that came from still confuses me...)

Don't Blink!

The Replay of Your Day

Carrige House

One Too Many Drinks ...

Memoirs of a Liftime

I know a lot of other people had idea's for the last cd so please repost them if possible! We'd like to get as many ideas as we can!

Erica
#6October 12th, 2005 · 07:30 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
footprints was a song by Wayne Shorter

but my favs are

Best If Heard Before 12/31/12 that means the year 2012 when the apocolyps is supposed to happen heheh, no not that last apocolypes the other one

Don't Blink

Dive on In

Startin' Somethin'

those i think would be the best ones... or maybe just "BandAMP's Best" but if we called it that then i would be double adamant that basically no one with a rating under 70% and or fewer than 10 votes gets to be on the CD... basically just hall of famers... so i like the other titles better... cuz i mean seriously... if you want me to pick the "Best Of"? lol i will and yall prolly won't like it heheh - no anyway I'm just kidding i'm not gonna pick anything cuz i'm too involved in bandamp and such so I still leave it up to you guys to democratically order yourselves and figure out what you want to have go on - though if there's anything I can do to facilitate the process let me know... PM me or whatever
#7October 13th, 2005 · 12:34 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
hey entheon thanks! if there's anyway you could possibly try to get people interested in the voting process and being on the board that would be the biggest help since that's the BIGGEST problem. Everything we sort of, have ... uh ... under control! yeah!    And I just wanna give a REALLY big thanks to the board members on the cd who put so much time into listening to all these songs with hours upon end with me, and to the real staff of bandamp for starting bandamp and giving us this amazing opportunity to hear some great artists and try to help them make it hollywood! and last but not least, to the artists, for giving it your best and daring to enter the music world which can be full of rejection, doubts and failures, but you're still in the game so far and that deserves credit! Everyone here should be proud of their music because it's been given 100% heart and soul.

Erica
#8October 13th, 2005 · 10:46 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
I like that "Best if heard before" (yeah, I was all ready to go with my quarters for the last apocalypse, oh well, maybe next time round)
Out in the Open, Dive on in, We've just begun, Startin Somethin, and even The Throwback and Left Behind are all capturing what we're trying to do with this cd. Sounds great.
heylittlelady2005 wrote…
to the real staff of bandamp for starting bandamp and giving us this amazing opportunity to hear some great artists and try to help them make it hollywood! and last but not least, to the artists, for giving it your best and daring to enter the music world which can be full of rejection, doubts and failures, but you're still in the game so far and that deserves credit! Everyone here should be proud of their music because it's been given 100% heart and soul.
True dat!
#9October 14th, 2005 · 12:59 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
well i'm gonna start looking around for backgrounds for the cd when I find some i'll try to let you guys see them if I can get them uploaded.
#10October 18th, 2005 · 02:17 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
heylittlelady, do you know what songs made the cut yet?
#11October 18th, 2005 · 07:02 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
well i'm still waiting on nicu24's votes and apache's but they're too late for this month so we'll have to do everything 3 instead but, yeah I know who's in it basicly! Just waiting for a few more votes...
#12October 22nd, 2005 · 09:51 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
well everyone I'm sorry but we cannot wait any longer for Apache and nicu24's responses on the songs so we're gonna do it now with 2 out of 3 votes, instead of 3 out of 5. So anyways ... THE RESULTS ARE IN!!! #1, Roberto101 could you possibly repost your other songs Apathy and (I can't remember the name off the top of my head but I believe it was something with life in the title) and #2, Philth could you please repost your song Black Dahlia? We would like all 3 of these songs to be on the cd but they went down with the crash. And finally, #3, I will post all the winning songs tomorrow when I get on my work computer and upload the results, okay? I will be contacting everyone on the list via PM about their songs but in case the PM's aren't working, if you see your name on this list, please email me at heylittlelady2005@yahoo.com to let me know that you at least recognized your name is on the list. Thanks and I want to congratulate everyone that has made it to this list! In our opionions, you're some of the top artists on BandAMP! But don't be upset if your song isn't here, it doesn't mean that we didn't like it but we just can't put EVERYONE on here, there was a TON of songs for the alternative genre. Thanks and Dave, you'll be hearing from me! P.S. PuppetXeno and CreativeControl please contact me. We have a new list of songs to check out! 

Erica
#13October 23rd, 2005 · 12:55 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Ok cool!

Looking forward, hopefully I'll get my inet connection at home back soon (it's down again)
#14October 23rd, 2005 · 03:31 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
oh gosh why's it down again? what kind of internet do you have? I have Comcast on one computer and I have Verizon on another and both work perfectly for me, even AOL of my friends work great.
#15October 24th, 2005 · 01:07 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Well I have cable internet, a wireless connection via my neighbor's. He's been having cable problems from day one, and I haven't a clue really. But I guess the problems are solved... for now...

I guess it means I'm ready for the new list, so (having a strange and unexpected Duke Nukem flashback) bring it on...

1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 9:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.