wherever you go

This song is not in a battle

wherever you go, there you are

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 16th, 2005 · 05:52 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I like the guitar with the recurring arpegio bit and the bass runs. Has a folk/celtic feel to it and I enjoyed listening to it!

I only gripes would be the recording quality. Noise and Mains/grounding hum is very prominent, treble is waay too high (if you like the guitar tone as it is, which is nice, I heartily getting a multiband compressor in the works/high frequency limiter to cut back on that biting treble which was a little painful to listen to in my headphones). At the very least, a standard compressor will do but will proportionately squash the other frequencies, which are fine.

The laughter samples are cool, but again need to be compressed and eq'd a little so they can cut their own space in the mix.

For definition, I'd recommend double tracking the guitar part (recording it twice, will be subtle differences) and panning the two parts to either side for a sense of space. Then, your laughter can sit in the middle?

Lastly, you have some (not nice) MP3 artifacts in there.

If you are converting to MP3 at quality above 128kbps, use LAME. If you are converting to 128kbps, Fraunhofer's MP3 converter is much better for this (less noticeable artifacts.

Anyway, just a few minor recording tips - I really like this track
#3August 25th, 2005 · 10:01 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
34 posts
United Kingdom
You need to EQ that. EQ? You know? Take out those high frequencies? No? It's a really good track. Get some audio editing software. EQ = equalisation. I don't know how skilled you may or not be, and I'm drunk, but that high pitched noise is making me want to kill myself, and that's generally not a good thing for a track you're trying to promote. sort the EQ out and it'll sound amazing! good stuff
#4September 2nd, 2005 · 02:07 PM
1 posts
United Kingdom
Very nice
Very good, congratulations
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 4:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.