1 2

#1August 15th, 2005 · 08:35 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Wounded

This song is not in a battle

This is a song I wrote 3 years ago but recently got to record it. Its still work-in-progress but would like to get some feedback. Thanks in advance for listening.
Be well.
AOB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 15th, 2005 · 10:35 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
A well composed title. Solo Guitar sounds a bit strange and lost in there. But all in all a song that must be played over a radio station. Goog job!
#3August 15th, 2005 · 10:39 AM
6 threads / 4 songs
33 posts
United States of America
I really like this song a lot. The bass is good, albeit slightly repetitive, as are the drums. The lyrics sound really nice with bass and drums. I like the chorus a lot also, but it seems like the drums should be doing something else there. The guitar solo is pretty good, but it could use some sprucing up, ie try playing off beat or something a little more complicated. Otherwise, very well put together. Good job.
#4August 15th, 2005 · 04:44 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
interesting stuff. The verse melody got a bit repetetive but overall I liked it!
#5August 16th, 2005 · 08:22 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
XenosX suggestion is good
Thanks XenosX, thats a good suggestion, I had the same thoughts too, will try to do more on that end.
#6August 16th, 2005 · 10:20 PM
7 posts
United States of America
Hot Dang!! Mind blowing!
Just brilliant! What else can I say. This is some hot stuff, I would like to hear this on the radio too as TritonKeyboarder mentioned, perhaps with a more aggressive lead guitar, that would make this song perfect. Defintely one of the best songs on Bandamp I've heard so far. Congrats!!! I give you an "Excellent" rating for this one. I want more!
#7August 25th, 2005 · 05:32 PM
15 posts
United States of America
Wonderful Wound
vocals somewhat reminiscent of alice in chains.  Good job
#8September 11th, 2005 · 05:51 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I can definitely second the 'Alice in Chains unplugged' vibe you got going on here. Hot stuff
#9September 13th, 2005 · 02:20 AM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Nirvanesque
I dunno if it makes any sense but this is almost Nirvanaesque in its style with the accoustic and distorted guitar mix and the vocals modifier, but at the same time it takes its own direction with the guitar solo section which overall makes it a very unique style and one that you could easily develop as your own I believe.  Really  nice recording quality too.
#10December 29th, 2005 · 05:20 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
I've enjoyed this! good sphere
#11January 5th, 2006 · 08:40 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Moody and interesting despite a rather simple melody.
#12February 15th, 2006 · 02:07 PM
12 threads / 11 songs
61 posts
United States of America
Really like the bass and drums together - nice voice too.  The solo was a little weird.. the timing seemed off and some of the notes seemed out of place.  I love the distorted and clean guitar mixed, definitely creates a nice effect.  Really liked the song.
#13February 21st, 2006 · 02:12 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
I like the song.  Reminds me of something I would have purchased a few years ago. I like the production and I think the solo is just fine.  It reminds me of the Meat puppets old stuff. Well recorded and the length of the song is to my likings. Good job.
#14April 20th, 2006 · 05:05 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
As it happens, just the other day a friend of mine and I were talking about how we would prefer Nirvana more if Kurt Kobain had lived on. In the sense that, maybe they would have progressed their style a bit more. Prehaps made it darker at the same time as slightly less depressive as hopefuly his life would have changed for the better. This is exactually the sort of style I was thinking about as we moved onto that part of the conversation.
So I agree with TarsanthMale in that it sounds Nirvanaesq, but I think this is were they would have gone if, as mentioned earlier, Kurt had lived.
The guitar solo is good but you should maybe travel the necka bit more. You kinda travel up it the neck (and/or the strings)  then come back down before it really seems to satisfy. So try going that little bit higher in those apegio type sections(I really wish I knew what I was talking about so I could get my message across clearer) before coming back down again and it will sound as tight as a nun's...
Seriously though mate, I really think your onto something here. Work on it a bit and you'll be onto a winner.
...I do go on a bit sometimes don't I...
Anyways, I liked it alot, it's on my Creative Zen thingy and keep at it,
KI
#15April 21st, 2006 · 12:56 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Moses wrote…
As it happens, just the other day a friend of mine and I were talking about how we would prefer Nirvana more if Kurt Kobain had lived on. In the sense that, maybe they would have progressed their style a bit more. Prehaps made it darker at the same time as slightly less depressive as hopefuly his life would have changed for the better. This is exactually the sort of style I was thinking about as we moved onto that part of the conversation.
So I agree with TarsanthMale in that it sounds Nirvanaesq, but I think this is were they would have gone if, as mentioned earlier, Kurt had lived.
The guitar solo is good but you should maybe travel the necka bit more. You kinda travel up it the neck (and/or the strings)  then come back down before it really seems to satisfy. So try going that little bit higher in those apegio type sections(I really wish I knew what I was talking about so I could get my message across clearer) before coming back down again and it will sound as tight as a nun's...
Seriously though mate, I really think your onto something here. Work on it a bit and you'll be onto a winner.
...I do go on a bit sometimes don't I...
Anyways, I liked it alot, it's on my Creative Zen thingy and keep at it,
KI

Thanks Moses, I am a huge fan of Nirvana too, and well, since I have been influenced by a lot of grunge, I may exhibit some elements of Kurt and gang here n' there. Thanks for the input, I think it makes much sense, and once i get this baby in the studio, the lead section definitely taking on some of the suggestions out here. Cheers and thanks again!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.