#1September 21st, 2024 · 11:55 AM
105 threads / 62 songs
204 posts
Canada
Unfinished (The Ghost)
This is the placeholder for a new MP3 player

This song is not in a battle

A song about wanting to crawl up inside a memory and just stay there for a little while.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 6th, 2024 · 11:35 AM
190 threads / 27 songs
2,843 posts
Germany
Lovely and well sung.
I must admit that certain melodies put me in certain moods.
This little piece transports my mind's eye into a movie in which the director underlines the mood of his protagonist. And this precisely with this song.
If it had some effects like reverb on the voice it would be nearly perfect.
And if the guitar had more depth in its room then it would be perfect.
Would you change the choice of your instrument to an upright piano?
Thank you!

Pleas go ahead posting more of your ideas.
#3October 6th, 2024 · 06:33 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
910 posts
United States of America
Wow! A quiet/intimate piece with impressive components overall: The lyric content is thoughtful, evocative, totally unique/individual and powerful. The repeated guitar pattern is beautiful/ethereal. Vocals are spot on. To me, this feels complete as it stands.
#4October 6th, 2024 · 08:01 PM
105 threads / 62 songs
204 posts
Canada
battlecat wrote…
Wow! A quiet/intimate piece with impressive components overall: The lyric content is thoughtful, evocative, totally unique/individual and powerful. The repeated guitar pattern is beautiful/ethereal. Vocals are spot on. To me, this feels complete as it stands.

Thank you! Didn't know people were still listening here. Appreciate the kind feedback and will share some more
#5October 6th, 2024 · 08:02 PM
105 threads / 62 songs
204 posts
Canada
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Lovely and well sung.
This little piece transports my mind's eye into a movie in which the director underlines the mood of his protagonist. And this precisely with this song.
Thank you!

Thanks so much, nice to reconnect with this community! Appreciate the feedback, I think this one stays on guitar for me but mostly because I'm a novice at the piano, I'd love to arrange this for organ if I had the chops for it. I'm not great at production so the songs usually get this much by way of treatment but always happy to share them with others and lend them out if anyone wants to take a crack at it a different way.
#6October 6th, 2024 · 09:37 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
910 posts
United States of America
DTF wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Lovely and well sung.
Thank you!

Thanks so much, nice to reconnect with this community! Appreciate the feedback, I think this one stays on guitar for me but mostly because I'm a novice at the piano, I'd love to arrange this for organ if I had the chops for it. I'm not great at production so the songs usually get this much by way of treatment but always happy to share them with others and lend them out if anyone wants to take a crack at it a different way.

Just my opinion, I think this song is well-suited for the guitar alone (sort of like an intimate Tracy Chapman/"Fast Car" vibe) and the guitar pattern is so beautiful.
#7October 7th, 2024 · 01:52 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,398 posts
United Kingdom
Memories can be beautiful, and you recreated it with charm.
I'm interested in what guitar you used to record this piece and how you recorded it. It's very musical, but I think there is room for improvement in terms of how you recorded it.
#8October 10th, 2024 · 10:36 PM
105 threads / 62 songs
204 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
Memories can be beautiful, and you recreated it with charm.
I'm interested in what guitar you used to record this piece and how you recorded it. It's very musical, but I think there is room for improvement in terms of how you recorded it.

Thanks Denis! I'm still an absolute noob at recording though trying to level up. This was recorded on two channels, a knock of Les Paul and a condenser mic for the vocals. Lots of room to improve both the recording and performance, hoping to actually get some better gear and learn a bit of DAW soon.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: October 22nd, 2024 · 4:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.