#1May 20th, 2023 · 01:18 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Blackfrost

This song is not in a battle

Hi friends! Life takes me on a ride every couple of years but it's hard to forget the amp.  It makes me glad to see inevitable new music posted here.

Tbh I don't know who my music is for, but honk if you like it!  I write fantasy & sci-fi on the side sometimes.  For the creative music, I tend to pick some sort of motif in a story's album.  So, this story uses excessive reverb and irregularity in the drums, channeling something about the unrelenting nighttime rain in this story universe.  The rain is basically its own character in the story, and always audible, and overwhelming out in the open.  It's a highly opinionated style choice, but there it is!  Consider it the creative constraint!

In the story, blackfrost is the fictional concept of something magically alive but physically dead.  The handy example is a rare flower petrified by magic rot, and very brittle.  It represents unresolved possibility, and "Blackfrost" becomes a banner name of a few rivals working together.

Songs like these are sort of like poetry to me, I don't really know what they are, but I like sifting story from them.  I think this song is about setting out on a dangerous open road, meeting fierce challenge, and securing a little bit more future for the blackfrost allies.  The accomplishment proves something optimistic, that the blackfrost allies are not only less brittle than a blackfrost flower, but that they might be something pretty fierce, so watch out yall

Some edits: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KO-R3P15DXMoLyCYN_TBnMn3vPj2AKI2/view?usp=sharing

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 21st, 2023 · 07:42 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Blackfrost
WOW !!

The whole track is pretty fierce

And conceptually Fantastic.

But ..(Sorry).. And there always is a but.

Im getting distortion and i think clipping on some trax in the mix.

Ive listened a few times now

Do Not panic ... your music is great ....
Its just how to get it to sound great to others

And yes please revisit your mix
levels are distorting/clipping

Its a Great Track

so 4th time i listen

yep i stand by my comments
Thanks

The Fish
#3May 21st, 2023 · 09:36 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Oh yeah, if there's anything my process needs help on, it's mixing.  This mix probably only does its job with big headphones I use.  I'm getting interested in re-imagining a few tracks in a much gentler acoustic sound and tempo, but I'm aware that it's because I get to avoid some mixing issues on this loud end of the spectrum!

This year I'd like to level-up my mixing/leveling. I think a track like this can still mature and lose some complexity, and let it breathe where it needs to, so it might be worth more production attention soon!
#4August 18th, 2023 · 04:49 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Listening on laptop speakers so not the best to talk about the mix... but it's sounding pretty good to me!
Its amazing to me that the "old" names are sill here, making music and posting.  Go us!!
#5October 22nd, 2023 · 01:30 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
TonightsLastSong yessssss this is amazing just like the good old days
I love this experimental sound
ahhhhh love the 1:30ish change up
yyyyiiiipes

at first i didn't agree with swordfish but when that changeup came in i agree it feels like something could be cleaned up in the mix (probably clipping like he said)

and man swordfish you haven't changed one bit
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 1:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.