#1July 2nd, 2022 · 02:58 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,096 posts
Netherlands
House of Spirits live

This song is not in a battle

Well, it's nice to hop in here every now and then, so it's also nice to drop a tune or two, too.

This one is from a live session 2021-11-05... The final session of our drummer Lebo, who sadly had to depart this world 2021-12-22 due to complications from Covid infection.

It was a small miracle that we recorded this session, and though it is not our tightest performance, we certainly had a great groove going and I'm pretty happy about this final mix too.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 5th, 2022 · 10:20 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
902 posts
United States of America
Love the mix - amazing clarity. Slamming/thunderous song...growling/tortured/effective vocal delivery. Nice bass work (I believe that is you, correct?). Who's on vocals? Sorry to hear of the loss of Lebo.
#3July 5th, 2022 · 11:53 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,096 posts
Netherlands
battlecat wrote…
Love the mix - amazing clarity. Slamming/thunderous song...growling/tortured/effective vocal delivery. Nice bass work (I believe that is you, correct?). Who's on vocals? Sorry to hear of the loss of Lebo.

Hi, well, that is me on vocals and guitar, Peter Paul on bass, and Lebo on drums. It was recorded with a Zoom H8 and a few mics - very handy to bring along, mixed down in Cubase. Yes very happy with the mix! But I had definitely blown my vocal cords during this session, that's why it sounds the way it sounds
#4July 6th, 2022 · 02:27 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
902 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
battlecat wrote…

Hi, well, that is me on vocals and guitar, Peter Paul on bass, and Lebo on drums. It was recorded with a Zoom H8 and a few mics - very handy to bring along, mixed down in Cubase. Yes very happy with the mix! But I had definitely blown my vocal cords during this session, that's why it sounds the way it sounds ;)

Nice work on the guitar and vocals. Vocals must be like tube amps...they sound best right before they're getting ready to blow up...
#5Tuesday · 04:10 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
128 posts
Netherlands
Puppet, this is great. Love the reverb. I think you told me a long time ago I used way too much of it... haha

Wow, I'm typing as i listen to it. Your vox going from high to low are amazing. You grew a lot.

House of spirits.

Recognizable.

The pain you have gone through with your drummer. Goddamn I feel the pain. I'm so sorry this happened

Fuck the "not tightness" man. I don't hear it. It's a goddamn wonder of a track.
Been away here too long. Just amazing. Miss you guys
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: August 18th, 2022 · 9:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.