#1July 2nd, 2022 · 02:58 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
House of Spirits live

This song is not in a battle

Well, it's nice to hop in here every now and then, so it's also nice to drop a tune or two, too.

This one is from a live session 2021-11-05... The final session of our drummer Lebo, who sadly had to depart this world 2021-12-22 due to complications from Covid infection.

It was a small miracle that we recorded this session, and though it is not our tightest performance, we certainly had a great groove going and I'm pretty happy about this final mix too.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 5th, 2022 · 10:20 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Love the mix - amazing clarity. Slamming/thunderous song...growling/tortured/effective vocal delivery. Nice bass work (I believe that is you, correct?). Who's on vocals? Sorry to hear of the loss of Lebo.
#3July 5th, 2022 · 11:53 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
battlecat wrote…
Love the mix - amazing clarity. Slamming/thunderous song...growling/tortured/effective vocal delivery. Nice bass work (I believe that is you, correct?). Who's on vocals? Sorry to hear of the loss of Lebo.

Hi, well, that is me on vocals and guitar, Peter Paul on bass, and Lebo on drums. It was recorded with a Zoom H8 and a few mics - very handy to bring along, mixed down in Cubase. Yes very happy with the mix! But I had definitely blown my vocal cords during this session, that's why it sounds the way it sounds
#4July 6th, 2022 · 02:27 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
battlecat wrote…

Hi, well, that is me on vocals and guitar, Peter Paul on bass, and Lebo on drums. It was recorded with a Zoom H8 and a few mics - very handy to bring along, mixed down in Cubase. Yes very happy with the mix! But I had definitely blown my vocal cords during this session, that's why it sounds the way it sounds ;)

Nice work on the guitar and vocals. Vocals must be like tube amps...they sound best right before they're getting ready to blow up...
#5August 16th, 2022 · 04:10 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Puppet, this is great. Love the reverb. I think you told me a long time ago I used way too much of it... haha

Wow, I'm typing as i listen to it. Your vox going from high to low are amazing. You grew a lot.

House of spirits.

Recognizable.

The pain you have gone through with your drummer. Goddamn I feel the pain. I'm so sorry this happened

Fuck the "not tightness" man. I don't hear it. It's a goddamn wonder of a track.
Been away here too long. Just amazing. Miss you guys
#6October 19th, 2022 · 04:43 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
House of Spirits live
Hi Puppet !!!

Long time No Contact

As Ever an Awesome track!!

But so Awesome I Cant make out the vocals through most of it .... 'You belong to me' is clear... Yep pull up the vocal

And its all in the middle

Pan wise

Yep

Its the return of the :

Fish
#7November 3rd, 2022 · 03:06 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: House of Spirits live
swordfish wrote…
Hi Puppet !!!

Long time No Contact

As Ever an Awesome track!!

But so Awesome I Cant make out the vocals through most of it .... 'You belong to me' is clear... Yep pull up the vocal

And its all in the middle

Pan wise

Yep

Its the return of the :

Fish

Hi Fish! Well I am subbed to your soundcloud and did drop a few comments on your uploads there. Obviously it's not the same as the old amp, but hey, I've been doing well there.

As for your comments - it's a live recording, and although multi-tracked live, due to the crosstalk, the panning of the two instruments is not wide. It is definitely not straight through the middle, and there are stereo effects at play. To make it a consistent whole, I took a shoegaze mixing approach. I am going to argue that the vocals are exactly where I want them to be, and my voice was shot too.

But all that said, we are near completion of the actual studio versions of our songs, and the approach to those mixes are very likely more to your liking

nice seeing you again
#8November 3rd, 2022 · 03:10 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
RazoR wrote…
Puppet, this is great. Love the reverb. I think you told me a long time ago I used way too much of it... haha

Wow, I'm typing as i listen to it. Your vox going from high to low are amazing. You grew a lot.

House of spirits.

Recognizable.

The pain you have gone through with your drummer. Goddamn I feel the pain. I'm so sorry this happened

Fuck the "not tightness" man. I don't hear it. It's a goddamn wonder of a track.
Been away here too long. Just amazing. Miss you guys

Thanks, yes fond memories of Bandamp days here too

Thanks for the supportive comments.. It's almost a year ago since recording this very final version. Next week doing another tribute gig playing to her recorded original drum tracks. That's a very double feeling I have to say. We did that at the funeral as well. House of Spirits ... could be a good option  to include in the set. We'll see...
#9January 28th, 2023 · 12:43 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Getting a Ramstein feel from the vocal, very raw, I like   
The fact that the music track is so clean and clear, makes it a fantastic combination and over all sound

The irony of 'Seeing you in the House of Spirits' is clear .... sorry to hear about your friends passing, way too many people with 'complications from "Covid"'
Good to know your still at it Puppet, more than anything.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 7:08 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.