#1May 7th, 2022 · 08:29 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Fine

This song is not in a battle

Sorry for being awol for 100 years then double dropping on you cause Ive had a beer...

Ive just worked out that its been 13 years since I last uploaded here and I am exactly twice the age I was when I found bandamp.

Thats actually insane.

Promise I will be back to listen properly and do some reviews and all that jazz very soon.

Things that were not meant for me
I learnt to let them leave
Whats left is all that matters now
All I need to believe
I'm still not quite sure
What I was hoping to achieve
When I was chasing rain clouds
Sewing my pain into my sleave

But It turned out fine
It turned out fine
It turned out fine
And im still alive

Things that should have burried me
Only made me strong
But i guess im the common
Denominator,
And I was probably in the wrong
So I turned my mistakes
Into lessons,
Cause thats all that was left to do
And I don't regret one single thing
Cause it lead me right to you

And it turned out fine
It turned out fine
It turned out fine
And we're still alive
Yeah it turned out fine
We're doing fine
Everythings fine
But Im still tired

What if I still cant get it right?
After all this time?
What if i still fuck it up
For no reason, with no rhyme?
Well at least i tried
I guess i tried
Well at least I tried
I Guess I tried...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 9th, 2022 · 01:30 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Romance (and the problems therein) provide lots of material for songwriters...for good reason. It seems your work has developed new dimension since the old days. Unless I'm mistaken, it seems you're now willing to put more of yourself into your music (which was always of exceptional quality, but now your point of view now shines through and I find it refreshing!). It's good to see you back!!!
#3May 9th, 2022 · 01:57 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I'm with Battlecat in that I can hear a lot of you in this song.
We all have a journey in life, as you put it when you try and try again and again, something good will come out of it. keep trying and keep an open mind and you will find your destiny.
#4May 9th, 2022 · 04:33 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
battlecat wrote…
Romance (and the problems therein) provide lots of material for songwriters...for good reason. It seems your work has developed new dimension since the old days. Unless I'm mistaken, it seems you're now willing to put more of yourself into your music (which was always of exceptional quality, but now your point of view now shines through and I find it refreshing!). It's good to see you back!!!

Thank you! I wont lie, the last few years have been extremely rough for me, not just romantically...as they have been for everyone else. Normal lifes hard enough as it is without a pandemic thrown into the mix as well!
I realised today I am more or less twice the age I was when I wrote the last guitar song 😳
#5May 9th, 2022 · 04:39 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Denis wrote…
I'm with Battlecat in that I can hear a lot of you in this song.
We all have a journey in life, as you put it when you try and try again and again, something good will come out of it. keep trying and keep an open mind and you will find your destiny.
This was very much a doll throwback, even though it was completely unintentional.
I was a lot of beers deep when I recorded the vox and it shows like, listening to it back the next day like 'omg, is it 15 years ago'
Shes still in there somewhere.
#6July 2nd, 2022 · 02:43 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Very cool.. I wondered from time to time whether you pursued anything in music, looked for you on Soundcloud and the like, so it's a cool surprise to see a new tune here on the ol' amp

Oh how lovely to hear your voice again! Definitely you did not lose your touch in putting a tune together and delivering it from the inside

Dunno if I ever said it but you were up top on my fav artists on here, because it's just so f-in real what you make!
#7July 2nd, 2022 · 04:28 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
O and you have your Soundcloud link in your bio.. subbed naturally
#8August 16th, 2022 · 04:19 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
It turned out fine....

Lovely voice. Still alive.

It's overdriving on my headphones. Perhaps it's me. If not you can send it to me if you need a better mix. The song itself is wonderful

It turned out fine. And we're still alive

Gosh.. I missed this place. This is so beautiful.

"Ive just worked out that its been 13 years since I last uploaded here". Jees. It's so long ago. My first upload here was 2005. Then almost nothing. 2017 one song. Then i forgot about this place. But I'm back now. Very emotional.

Sorry - just love the song. Peace
#9October 19th, 2022 · 05:00 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Fine
This is a really nice song

And a 13 year break  is so cool  ..... You've returned

I'm in the same boat !!

Yours is the third or fourth song I've listened to after years away

And its GREAT!!

Amazing to hear how much better/clearer we are recording now

Love your song

Fish
#10January 28th, 2023 · 01:01 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You have such a unique vocal style, you always have.

Love this community too .... All those years ago I used to have a distinct feeling that your music got Puppet a little exited .... and now he's just gone and proven it 

Funny how we all (well most of us) drifted off into other branches of the internet (and life) and somehow recently are drifting back, and everyone is still doing what they love, exploring their talents.

Yes life lessons make one wiser and make for the best inspiration.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:46 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.