#1May 7th, 2022 · 08:19 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
7 of Swords

This song is not in a battle

Well s**t guys, Its been a minute, amirite?

I can't actually believe the site is still going!
You were the pioneers man. The O Gs. When soundcloud was probs not even a noise puddle.

Please give me a hola if you remember me as a wee nipper.

My eldest son (Turned 14 last week) made the beat for this. I showed him the basics of FL, and he just ran with it. This was done last July, after I had had a some kind of spiritual awakening in 2020, learnt tarot and had a horrendous breakup. The elderspawn doesn't really do much music now because he's gotten massively into basketball, and is fully running with that now. We never thought he would get into a sport, so its just gotta be encouraged. I think he still does it secretly, he just hides it from me because it must be uncool to make music with your mom.

But anyway.

How the hell is everyone?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 9th, 2022 · 01:16 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Hey PD! So good to see you again! Love this song...your work was always of high quality and this is no exception. Sounds ready for airplay (maybe with a bleep here and there...). Very definitive message in the lyrics - love the attitude. Anyone who has had a relationship with a narcissist (there are lots of those around, unfortunately) can relate. Hard to believe you're a mother of a 14 y.o....my, the time does fly doesn't it?
#3May 9th, 2022 · 02:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great attitude - Well done to your son, keep it up.
Would be great if you could add some bass lines to this to go with the great bass drum rhythm.
My instinct would be to raise the vox in the mix with less reverb, it will cut through better.
We are all growing up,  my two daughters are 30 and 31, my youngest is expecting her first child in November - can't wait to be a Grandad!!
#4July 2nd, 2022 · 02:47 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Haha if my mom were ever like you - would probably be the coolest thing in my world hahaha

Hmm she plays accordion... not compatible

very cool track, great beat, love your vocal work - great stuff!
#5August 16th, 2022 · 04:05 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Gosh.. I have been away so long.

This is great. I'm so glad you still make music.

Sad to hear what's going on there. Seems it goes for a lot of us.

I love the beat a lot, also the voice is great. Peace
#6January 29th, 2023 · 02:32 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
oooo Attitude ....  I love a bit of aggression, in the right place
This, spot on ... rip em to shreds
You're inspired too, taking ideas from Tarot combined with Real life heart break ... lethal combination.
It's like you've mastered your voodoo doll and unleashed the beats (beast) ... would not like to be on the receiving end of your wrath          .... certainly not if I'm unaware of it!

My boys too, shown them FL, they ran with it, the eldest took it quite far, youngest created a little but is more of a sport guy ..... and gaming. But they are musical so that's good. 
I think they have so much to deal with these days it takes concentrating and then dedication and patience, with all the influences around that's asking a lot from free spirits.

O! yea ... The song .... Excellence pure and simple ... as has been said, tweaking and 'correcting' a little at final production level ... otherwise, sheer brilliance, loving it.
#7May 20th, 2023 · 12:17 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
PD, I admire your lyrical rhythm.  Keep these recordings safe, he'll get many listens out of them in the future, when he's ever older and wiser!
#8May 21st, 2023 · 07:48 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: 7 of Swords
PorcelainDoll wrote…
Well s**t guys, Its been a minute, amirite?

I can't actually believe the site is still going!
You were the pioneers man. The O Gs. When soundcloud was probs not even a noise puddle.

Please give me a hola if you remember me as a wee nipper.

My eldest son (Turned 14 last week) made the beat for this. I showed him the basics of FL, and he just ran with it. This was done last July, after I had had a some kind of spiritual awakening in 2020, learnt tarot and had a horrendous breakup. The elderspawn doesn't really do much music now because he's gotten massively into basketball, and is fully running with that now. We never thought he would get into a sport, so its just gotta be encouraged. I think he still does it secretly, he just hides it from me because it must be uncool to make music with your mom.

But anyway.

WOW I Love This
How the hell is everyone? :)
#9August 18th, 2023 · 04:27 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Wow PD... Hola!
It's been years since I've been on Bandamp - and I echo your sentiment about it being a pioneer of musical greatness way before anyone else was on the scene.

So, about the song. It's great.  Excellent recording - great lyrics, well delivered.
Love it

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 6:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.