This song is not in a battle

Draw me a smile,
and a heart that wants nothing

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 10th, 2019 · 01:30 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Beautiful composition. The chord progressions are soft, yet powerful. The vocals, instrumentation and production support this sensitive piece. Excellent work!
#3December 11th, 2019 · 03:00 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I like your style, great songwriting and structure.
Production wise I could barley make out the vocals, it just may need raising in the mix, although they did not appear to centred in the mix, so you could also experiment in the panning of the tracks, also you could raise the upper mids on the vocals, that should help them to cut through better. I also felt the drums were too aggressive for this soft music, probably a Jazz kit or similar would have been a better option, or even just percussion?
#4December 16th, 2019 · 12:34 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I really like the atmosphere of this piece, and texture of the production with the subtle rhythmic bit at the start and the synth that comes in later on.

I did put on headphones to get a closer listen as I did not want the experience of a first listen get ruined by flimsy phone speakers. With headphones, the subtleties come through well. Arguably the drum sounds can be chosen differently, as Denis stated. I can imagine this with a brush kit and a gradual build up still during the expressive part, but if you do not have access to a live drummer, that would be very time consuming to program (in other words: current choice of drums is understood, and certainly suffices).

Well done and thanks for posting this!
#5December 18th, 2019 · 02:07 PM
60 threads / 45 songs
149 posts
United States of America
I love it! could i sample it? if so so you have the stems?
#6January 10th, 2020 · 05:56 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Just drawing a smile and a heart that wants nothing but can't post it here.
Is it the time that clocks the rhythm in 16th? Imo it could be more in the front. As well as the staccato strings from 1:08 to 1:54.
I like the idea but it stopped abrupt. Is it what was supposed to be?
Fine mood and excellent work for me. What are the lyric btw.?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.