#1August 23rd, 2019 · 09:34 AM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Whats Going Down

This song is not in a battle

And now for something completely different ...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 23rd, 2019 · 01:18 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Love the percussion and drums, nice upbeat happy vibe - kids will love it!!
Sounds like whole lotta fun
The vox sound a bit distant? Perhaps you're too far from the mic?? - would be nice to have them right up front if that makes sense?
#3August 23rd, 2019 · 02:17 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Yeah, I always have issues with recording and mixing Vox. Not the greatest mic in the world...an MXL 990...but I recorded the vocals on this one at about 4-6 inches from the capsule with a sock over the top trying to avoid peaks and pops.  I try not to get too crazy with reverbs etc, preferring a dryer more natural sound. The vocals, like the bass line also sound different depending on what the song is being played through. The Vox sound really good in my car but not so much on my PC
#4August 23rd, 2019 · 06:56 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Great song! The mix sounds pretty good through a decent out of headphones. The stacked vocals do sound a little far, that’s about it. Funky, I dig
#5August 26th, 2019 · 06:10 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SkunkApe wrote…
Yeah, I always have issues with recording and mixing Vox. Not the greatest mic in the world...an MXL 990...but I recorded the vocals on this one at about 4-6 inches from the capsule with a sock over the top trying to avoid peaks and pops.  I try not to get too crazy with reverbs etc, preferring a dryer more natural sound. The vocals, like the bass line also sound different depending on what the song is being played through. The Vox sound really good in my car but not so much on my PC
The Mic should be OK, the only other major factor is the room you recorded it in, it may be quite reflective? You don't need a sound booth to get a non reflective sound. I used my wardrobe once full of clothes and rearranged them so that they go around the mic - towels are brilliant for absorbing sound too, if not better than pro stuff!! - if you have got some old towels, make about two to three layers for the best results.
There are loads of YouTube stuff where people have made their own soundproof panels using towels, it's easy DIY.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 1:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.