#1August 18th, 2018 · 06:15 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Thrown Away My Face

This song is not in a battle

Thrown away my Face is a track I originally composed in 1993, at the early beginnings of my musician's carreer. Over the years, it has gone through many iterations and re-imaginations. It was subject to a remix competition right here on BandAMP as well in which contestants won T-shirts.

As a two-chord song, each individual recording heavily relies on the instrumental arrangement more than it's musical composition. The last version dating from 2012 already, it was time for a new one. Also, the song itself celebrates it's 25th anniversary this year (2018), which I realized after finishing the track.

This version is influenced by experiences I had at a festival in july this year, I tried to capture the atmosphere of that festival as I perceived it. The very original recording was also based on experiences I had at an underground club so there you have it - full circle.

But I doubt it not, there will be new versions in the future. This track has become something of a "benchmark" song, not so much in recording quality but more as a "how is life for me these days" kind of way.

Thanks,
PX

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 21st, 2018 · 09:58 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Hey Pup! I remember this song from your previous postings. This version has a really effective ominous quality. Love the old-school synth sounds. Although I never realized it before, some aspects of your lyric composition, structure and delivery reminds me a bit of Leonard Cohen (the comparison may seem odd, but I think it really works well here).
#3August 22nd, 2018 · 04:21 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Thanks! Leonard Cohen is a true hero of mine, and I enjoy playing some of his songs on acoustic guitar, which is indeed an exercise in delivery. I am honored and flattered that you make this association 
#4October 28th, 2018 · 08:13 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
There are not much tracks which can be developed over years. But this is one of them and you did it somehow. It's the adaption to the contemporary understanding of music based on the art of presentation.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 11:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.