#1August 18th, 2018 · 06:15 PM
117 threads / 54 songs
3,065 posts
Netherlands
Thrown Away My Face

This song is not in a battle

Thrown away my Face is a track I originally composed in 1993, at the early beginnings of my musician's carreer. Over the years, it has gone through many iterations and re-imaginations. It was subject to a remix competition right here on BandAMP as well in which contestants won T-shirts.

As a two-chord song, each individual recording heavily relies on the instrumental arrangement more than it's musical composition. The last version dating from 2012 already, it was time for a new one. Also, the song itself celebrates it's 25th anniversary this year (2018), which I realized after finishing the track.

This version is influenced by experiences I had at a festival in july this year, I tried to capture the atmosphere of that festival as I perceived it. The very original recording was also based on experiences I had at an underground club so there you have it - full circle.

But I doubt it not, there will be new versions in the future. This track has become something of a "benchmark" song, not so much in recording quality but more as a "how is life for me these days" kind of way.

Thanks,
PX

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 21st, 2018 · 09:58 AM
90 threads / 11 songs
877 posts
United States of America
Hey Pup! I remember this song from your previous postings. This version has a really effective ominous quality. Love the old-school synth sounds. Although I never realized it before, some aspects of your lyric composition, structure and delivery reminds me a bit of Leonard Cohen (the comparison may seem odd, but I think it really works well here).
#3August 22nd, 2018 · 04:21 AM
117 threads / 54 songs
3,065 posts
Netherlands
Thanks! Leonard Cohen is a true hero of mine, and I enjoy playing some of his songs on acoustic guitar, which is indeed an exercise in delivery. I am honored and flattered that you make this association 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: September 19th, 2018 · 12:51 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.