#1July 11th, 2018 · 01:36 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Toki Toki Time

This song is not in a battle

In old Japan Villages ran on Toki Toki Time , length of days and time at work determined seasonally by available sunlight . They also used Shamisen players to estimate time ,many players blind but they played  songs whilst others worked the fields.A time when our lives were in synch with the movement of seasons the earth Sun and Moon .

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 12th, 2018 · 02:20 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Wow...... great rhythm section, great smooth grove, the drums and bass are superb.
Sunset music - Big chill time.
Love it to bits
#3July 13th, 2018 · 09:20 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Fascinating concept, brilliantly executed. Beautifully laid back.
#4July 16th, 2018 · 12:04 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
I like what you have done, the groove, the mood you have set up and the sweet swells.

However I felt myself yearning for a B section with more contrast to the smooth groove you have set well. Having a B section that can take me on a different journey (it can either be more energetic or be rooted in a chill mood) would make the return to what you have now that much more satisfying in my opinion.

Also, if you don't want to position your voice in the centre as is convention, I think having a double, harmony or some other vocal track panned more heavily to the opposite channel (be it constant or some sporadic panning), or maybe even have some instruments panned more to the opposite side as The Beatles had done in the stereo version of Dear Prudence and Mother Nature's Son. The vocals were panned towards the left but several instrument tracks were panned towards the right. Or like I am the Walrus, where the vocals start of being panned more to the left and then it was panned more to the right in the second half.
#5July 20th, 2018 · 10:20 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Many Thanks for all the feedback guys I am brushing up a few for release so the comments are much appreciated . Hi JieXian thanks mate you are right re vocal panning in in this case more accident than design,audio house keeping check reveals tho track is mono centred , the stereo delay lopsided L&R so hence the apparent leftish pan. BTW like your refs to classic Beatles tracks .   
#6July 25th, 2018 · 07:53 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Toki Toki Time
yokoinc wrote…
In old Japan Villages ran on Toki Toki Time , length of days and time at work determined seasonally by available sunlight . They also used Shamisen players to estimate time ,many players blind but they played  songs whilst others worked the fields.A time when our lives were in synch with the movement of seasons the earth Sun and Moon .

sUPER COOL.... WOW super feedback from
JieXianMale

#7July 25th, 2018 · 07:56 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
super feedback!!!

JieXian wrote…
I like what you have done, the groove, the mood you have set up and the sweet swells.

However I felt myself yearning for a B section with more contrast to the smooth groove you have set well. Having a B section that can take me on a different journey (it can either be more energetic or be rooted in a chill mood) would make the return to what you have now that much more satisfying in my opinion.

Also, if you don't want to position your voice in the centre as is convention, I think having a double, harmony or some other vocal track panned more heavily to the opposite channel (be it constant or some sporadic panning), or maybe even have some instruments panned more to the opposite side as The Beatles had done in the stereo version of Dear Prudence and Mother Nature's Son. The vocals were panned towards the left but several instrument tracks were panned towards the right. Or like I am the Walrus, where the vocals start of being panned more to the left and then it was panned more to the right in the second half.
#8October 28th, 2018 · 08:19 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Pictures of rushing people are passing my mind's eye in time-lapsed motion. If the music wouldn't stop, they'd just keep running forever.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 10:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.