#1January 4th, 2018 · 04:26 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
The Revenge of Something Gentle

This song is not in a battle

In the absence of new song uploads, have an upload!

I'm getting revisions of the source story done and finding holes in the soundtrack that need to be filled in if I'm going to feel good about it!  Most of the tracks will need a style update to match this and the last couple I posted a few months back.

In this one we have a river dreamscape, recommitment to finding the ol' proverbial prize, and a dark place where unseen things lurk.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 10th, 2018 · 09:39 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Great drum sounds. But I am not sure that pitching piano sounds makes my day.
Can't find the hook/theme in this tune.
#3January 10th, 2018 · 12:48 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Great drum sounds. But I am not sure that pitching piano sounds makes my day.
Can't find the hook/theme in this tune.

Hey TK! Thanks for having a listen.

It being a concept album makes me more bold to not rely on just the hooks, but I've been trying to find the right balance between that and formless mood-setting.  It's very timely feedback on your part, so I appreciate it.  This track kind of straddles the line, and if someone wants to find a hook, it probably comes too late to end up capturing their interest.

I'm not sure I have the inspiration yet to know what I want to change about it, but the feedback is definitely helpful!
#4January 16th, 2018 · 05:12 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I like it,

It is a many-coloured soundscape, and has steady rhythm to it, summons imagery of vibrant fantasy landscapes and strange creatures great and small that may or may not be present in that world.

Though there is a distinct synthetic edge to it, which draws this world into the realm of bits and bytes, which narrows the experience a bit.

I still like it though
#5January 18th, 2018 · 12:08 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
I like it,

It is a many-coloured soundscape, and has steady rhythm to it, summons imagery of vibrant fantasy landscapes and strange creatures great and small that may or may not be present in that world.

Though there is a distinct synthetic edge to it, which draws this world into the realm of bits and bytes, which narrows the experience a bit.

I still like it though :)

Yeah, that's definitely part of what I'm embracing about the sound theme for these multiple tracks, although I may have less fine control over it than I'd like to think.  As long as the style is consistent throughout the set, I'll feel good about what they are and how they stand together, compositionally eclectic or not

Thanks for the reply!
#6February 7th, 2018 · 11:46 AM
5 threads / 4 songs
34 posts
United States of America
TLS, I really like this track.
It has a mood and texture that speaks to me from the first note.
The instrumentality is accomplished and clever. I like how the build up to the finale explores some delightfully jarring accents.

Well done.
#7February 18th, 2018 · 02:55 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
45 posts
Belgium
Like it. Nice production on this one and the melodies developed here are really interesting. Great mood some nice breakbeat here and there.
#8February 21st, 2018 · 11:07 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
8 posts
Costa Rica
This is a very good composition the tittle really explains the emotions that you get from the song!

PD....I would suggest a adding female vocals
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 4:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.