#1October 14th, 2017 · 03:55 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I Stood By You some vox2

This song is not in a battle

I have been rebuilding the song, man it took awhile to redo it.  I am now able to sing hopefully it is  ok. I still do not feel like I can really belt it out yet.  It will  take a year to heal up according to the Dr. 
anyway I have a bit more to do,  AC guitars, the rest of the vocals, I still have to rebuild all the back ground vocals for the middle and last chorus, plus the middle 8 break down.  I just wanted to post this , and see if you guys thought my vocals were doing ok in the verses.

Edit: Sorry for reposting just a short clip and not the finished product but, I would like some feedback on the vocals, and to see if you think I've got the music back close to what I had before I f'd it up.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 14th, 2017 · 01:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I would never have known that you had a problem with your vox unless you mentioned it.  Anyway a bit of roughage in your vocal may sound better than if they were healthy and vibrant.  Vocal performance and emotion is most important as I'm sure you know - so if you feel you gave it 100%, then yes your vocals are ready.

If anything it sounds too clean...lol - perhaps add some tube on the master, slightly distorted?

Look forward to hearing the next phase
#3October 14th, 2017 · 08:35 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
You might be having to work hard at it, but you sound like you have a lot of control over the vocal shape on those open sounds, so it sounds great to me.  Progression's sounding great, like it's really setting up to elevate the chorus once it's finished!

I think I said this elsewhere in The Pit or something, but I have huge respect for you to rebuild it.  I lose paragraphs of an email draft and I'm ready to punch myself in the nose and walk away with no intention of coming back.  Without doing a super nitpicky comparison to the previous drafts you posted, this sounds like the original to me!

#4October 16th, 2017 · 08:23 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Your Voice
Man ......
Problems aside .... it is still totally Great
Just as a help maybe i suggest getting back into the groove by hitting on less demanding style songs.
Singing is a physical art-form...
And if you've been weakened then maybe u need to come back at it gradually.
I would love to hear you do some acoustic / unplugged songs before launching back
at the big style auditorium stuff u are so great at.
Its a build up thing

The big sound is there in this song ... but the punch needs to be trained back up
Hope U are getting healthier by the day

Please dont bust a gut going too fast too soon..

Friend Fish
John T
#5October 18th, 2017 · 10:21 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
re: Your Voice
swordfish wrote…
Man ......
Problems aside .... it is still totally Great
Just as a help maybe i suggest getting back into the groove by hitting on less demanding style songs.
Singing is a physical art-form...
And if you've been weakened then maybe u need to come back at it gradually.
I would love to hear you do some acoustic / unplugged songs before launching back
at the big style auditorium stuff u are so great at.
Its a build up thing

The big sound is there in this song ... but the punch needs to be trained back up
Hope U are getting healthier by the day

Please dont bust a gut going too fast too soon..

Friend Fish
John T

I have some cool things I've got in the works. Some of the guys I was playing country lead guitar for, are putting an album's worth of material together. I'm gonna do most of the guitar work, and some of the vocals, it's way easier to sing.  I'll work on some AC guitar with vocals, I don't have anything like that at this time though.
John I thank you for the concern my friend. Trust me I'm taking it easy, I do not want to go through that surgery ever again. lol
Edit: I tried to speed up the song, I have to work on it a bit more. it's at 130 BPM now. It sounds a lot better at 150BPM doesn't drag along.
#6October 29th, 2019 · 08:08 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Your Voice
so how are you?

2 years on ?

Fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:08 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.