#1August 23rd, 2017 · 06:50 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Long Shot

This song is not in a battle

In a fit of inspiration, I recently recorded a few songs, and this was the finale of that batch.

lyrics:

firing shots into the unkown
already lost inside a dead zone
no walls at all to run into
no prayers and thoughts that can reach you
a realm of fading memory
like slipping away under the sea
with a side of anxiety

forever life under construction
poised to rake the interaction
and the fallen cried to reroll dice
but it all went down with the other lies
and none to witness the sacrifice...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 23rd, 2017 · 06:56 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Powerful and dirty all the way to the end!  The high bit hits a good button for me, probably reminds me of old the Linkin Park sound.  I like getting the last minute and change for enjoying the rolling sound of it all.  Great work!
#3August 25th, 2017 · 06:34 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Long Shot
Genre ...
Not my cup of tea...

But FANTASTIC PRODUCTION

I hear the lyric ... super well done

Thank You

Fish
#4August 28th, 2017 · 05:36 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Thanks guys! It means a lot!

Over the past couple of years I really got my (major) production issues out of the way. Good hardware and software and plug-ins are one thing but most was gained on the "soft" side of things. Applied a lot of "Keep it Simple, Stupid!" and "Kill Your Darlings" both during recording and mixing process.

Should get the next batch of songs going...
#5August 29th, 2017 · 09:17 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
Australia
Production sounds pretty pumping on this, nice work.
#6September 22nd, 2017 · 05:26 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
excellent. Man I love this one. Great playing vocals, timing, everything actually.  You've got some low low end in there that my sub is getting out there just feels a bit weak compared to the mids.  It's probably just my system  and room though.  Your skill are top notch. It's got lots of energy and it keeps it coming.  The vocals sound big and real.  I'd buy this.

EDIT:  it was my system. I was listening to this out of the native computer sound card, I had forgotten that I put an EQ with HPF on it and a serious bump in the 2-6Khz range. I did it so when I watch movies the vocals dialog jumps out at you.  Sorry, Yes this mix sounds real good.  

edit: I like the way you shifted elements in and out of the feature of the song, doesn't feel static.
Quick question. Saturation plugins ?

PS
 I just upgraded my analog gear (mostly vocal chain) it really helped to get into some gear that I don't have to do anything to it to get it to sound good.
#7September 23rd, 2017 · 08:37 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
toastedgoat wrote…
excellent. Man I love this one. Great playing vocals, timing, everything actually.  You've got some low low end in there that my sub is getting out there just feels a bit weak compared to the mids.  It's probably just my system  and room though.  Your skill are top notch. It's got lots of energy and it keeps it coming.  The vocals sound big and real.  I'd buy this.

EDIT:  it was my system. I was listening to this out of the native computer sound card, I had forgotten that I put an EQ with HPF on it and a serious bump in the 2-6Khz range. I did it so when I watch movies the vocals dialog jumps out at you.  Sorry, Yes this mix sounds real good.  

edit: I like the way you shifted elements in and out of the feature of the song, doesn't feel static.
Quick question. Saturation plugins ?

PS
 I just upgraded my analog gear (mostly vocal chain) it really helped to get into some gear that I don't have to do anything to it to get it to sound good.

Thanks! Those a great compliments, means a ton! As for saturation plug-ins: I am using Cubase 9 (and previously Cubase 8 which is pretty similar), it comes with a Channel Strip housing the default audio-enhancing plug-ins such as compression, limiter, saturation - and yes I use those, including saturation, quite a lot. Particularly Tape Saturation - the way it thickens the sound, gives it much more warmth and character.

Also, on the hardware side, I have put a Tritonaudio FetHead on my mic, which has transformed it's performance into a whole new beast. So much more clarity and separation makes my mic sounding like at least 10 times more expensive... hahah. (The tech-developer and co-owner of TritonAudio also happens to be the bass player in our band, but truly their stuff is worth checking out).

Mind that most of the recordings I post here (including this one) are solo productions made in my personal studio, though I tend to pitch these songs to the band, and some have been incorporated into our repertoire. Now to land some gigs...
#8November 7th, 2017 · 02:01 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Great song. One for diving into one's soul and one for driving on german highways
#9February 14th, 2018 · 01:12 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
8 posts
Costa Rica
Sick asf bro you got me with the riff ! Rock on !
#10February 17th, 2018 · 06:37 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
oh boy....
I want to be on a highway......driving a car that I can't afford.....in a country I've never been to.

Crazy nutso production........insane hook.....holy crap. loving this.  big time.

Moo
#11July 5th, 2018 · 05:31 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
Ah Tom, kom deze net tegen.

VET!. ( A little dutch)

Like it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 7th, 2024 · 10:47 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.