#1July 5th, 2017 · 05:41 PM
180 threads / 53 songs
1,929 posts
Canada
Falling in a Dream

This song is not in a battle

This is the most post-rock type song I've ever attempted. Shooting for shoegaze-y-ness as well. I'm happy with most of it mostly.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 14th, 2017 · 11:54 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
919 posts
Netherlands
Finally I am in the mood for this and I really enjoyed!
Lovely guitar sound in the intro ! But its getting a bit in a fight with the cymbals in the harder parts though? Despite some recording/mixing issues I played this several times very loud and had a nice 'fall into a dream'  experience.
Could use some vocals though.., a mantra with backing vocals(choir) ?
#3July 17th, 2017 · 06:04 PM
124 threads / 30 songs
1,407 posts
United States of America
I like the way the piano after the 1 minute mark seems such a natural addition to the sound, yet when the song changes gears by halfway through, it's using a different set of layers but feels like the same core composition.  The echoey reverb is good for the mood, too.

You've got a good range of sounds in the collection of songs, too.  I was about to list off a few that stuck out as having their own unique hooks to them, but honestly, they've all got one.  In Distance Lost, There's Smoke, and To Never Be Alone are all balancing right on that line of having enough melody to hum but maintain their ability to be pleasant background texture.
#4August 23rd, 2017 · 06:34 AM
116 threads / 53 songs
3,056 posts
Netherlands
Makes for a neatly waving groove, although production quality isn't superb but that doesn't matter so much. The intention is great, and the dynamics of intensity across parts make it work out well.

Yes it could use vocals - but that is a different beast altogether.
#5August 25th, 2017 · 06:37 PM
208 threads / 64 songs
2,287 posts
United Kingdom
Falling in a Dream
Grooveseeker track??

Production note......

Its too loud!!!

I stopped after 1minute
sorry .... just the way i heard it
#6August 25th, 2017 · 06:41 PM
208 threads / 64 songs
2,287 posts
United Kingdom
sorry
i listened again after i posted

YEP ITS

A BIT  OUT OF CONTROL

FISH
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: September 22nd, 2017 · 7:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.