#1July 5th, 2017 · 05:41 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Falling in a Dream

This song is not in a battle

This is the most post-rock type song I've ever attempted. Shooting for shoegaze-y-ness as well. I'm happy with most of it mostly.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 14th, 2017 · 11:54 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Finally I am in the mood for this and I really enjoyed!
Lovely guitar sound in the intro ! But its getting a bit in a fight with the cymbals in the harder parts though? Despite some recording/mixing issues I played this several times very loud and had a nice 'fall into a dream'  experience.
Could use some vocals though.., a mantra with backing vocals(choir) ?
#3July 17th, 2017 · 06:04 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I like the way the piano after the 1 minute mark seems such a natural addition to the sound, yet when the song changes gears by halfway through, it's using a different set of layers but feels like the same core composition.  The echoey reverb is good for the mood, too.

You've got a good range of sounds in the collection of songs, too.  I was about to list off a few that stuck out as having their own unique hooks to them, but honestly, they've all got one.  In Distance Lost, There's Smoke, and To Never Be Alone are all balancing right on that line of having enough melody to hum but maintain their ability to be pleasant background texture.
#4August 23rd, 2017 · 06:34 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Makes for a neatly waving groove, although production quality isn't superb but that doesn't matter so much. The intention is great, and the dynamics of intensity across parts make it work out well.

Yes it could use vocals - but that is a different beast altogether.
#5August 25th, 2017 · 06:37 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Falling in a Dream
Grooveseeker track??

Production note......

Its too loud!!!

I stopped after 1minute
sorry .... just the way i heard it
#6August 25th, 2017 · 06:41 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
sorry
i listened again after i posted

YEP ITS

A BIT  OUT OF CONTROL

FISH
#7September 27th, 2017 · 03:44 AM
1 posts
United States of America
I can only fall in dream when i am in a not so good mood, this often happens because of my health issues for which i search pharmacyreviews.md or such drugs to deal with. but i enjoy my favorit music which really helps as well.
#8October 5th, 2017 · 10:25 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I'm not a post-rock listener but I've come across some of it in my life and I can tell this has a lot of potential. The thing about this style is that it relies highly in the sound, as much as the music itself, so the mixing is very important. You gotta work on the amplitude of the mix, the space in the drums, the ambience that the guitars create, the panning of the instruments, the modulations used, etc. Once you've mastered that you'll have a killer tune.
For starters, the drums (and the mix in general) sound quite over-compressed which kills the organic feel that post-rock has.

- Iz
#9October 5th, 2017 · 10:59 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
This is pretty cool, I like the main riff used on my keys at 440hz  I came up with a Db to G, to A to Eb, back to Db.  it has a cool feel to it.  I like the muli instrumentation used to layer different styles of sounds to bring it all together. I'm not well versed in post modern rock though. It solid in the mids and highs, I'm not sure it this is one purpose or not but, there it not much low end weight to it that I can tell.. I'm not listening to it on the greatest speakers where I'm at though.   It's good.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 10:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.