#1April 28th, 2017 · 11:23 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hopes Warmth

This song is not in a battle

This is the third song on the album, about 9 minutes long. I tried to have the first half and the last half compliment and contradict each other...I like how it turned out! What do you guys think?
The beginning is very quiet...and try as I might I couldn't get it louder without clipping so..oh well. Haha!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 28th, 2017 · 02:58 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Reminds me of Pink Floyds Ambient stuff. Lovely feel going on throughout.
I think it needs some strong melody in some parts to break it up more.
Not sure why you are getting clipping, other than correct use of the threshold on compression and a basic limiter, you should be able easily get more dynamics from the recording. What tools are you using to master it?

It's been a long time since I recorded anything serious, so I'm a bit rusty. But I think I'm right it's the threshold which will control the dynamics better and most certainly a limiter will stop it clipping.
#3April 28th, 2017 · 05:54 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I like this one too.  Lots of movement going on throughout, seems like their competing for space at times. Stings bring in a nice element that fills in more of a melodic element, the gradual change to the synth noise/sound  near the end is pretty cool.  I really like it, I might've mixed the beginning a little differently although there is nothing wrong with what you have done here.
#4May 12th, 2017 · 12:21 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Just wanted to leave a belated comment here, but your album has gone a long way for me as background audio when I write.  It fits into my collection of more ambient stuff really well.  This one in particular works for me because of drawn out the "build" is over the course of the first 5 minutes, followed by the slow spinning out into something almost abstract.

What are your preferred tools to build out the digital parts?
#5May 27th, 2017 · 04:29 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
TonightsLastSong wrote…
Just wanted to leave a belated comment here, but your album has gone a long way for me as background audio when I write.  It fits into my collection of more ambient stuff really well.  This one in particular works for me because of drawn out the "build" is over the course of the first 5 minutes, followed by the slow spinning out into something almost abstract.

What are your preferred tools to build out the digital parts?

Thanks so much TLS, this means so much! I'm so glad you enjoy the album and that it's actually benefiting you for writing. Makes me very happy! 

I use a random array of several free VSTs that I've been collecting over the years. I use Reaper as my DAW. I use sforzando and "Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra" simply because I have no money and it's free. They are decent sounding...I'd love to get my hands on actual recordings of an orchestra and use those as the samples.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.