#1April 23rd, 2017 · 12:03 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
a taste

This song is not in a battle

I'm feelin pretty good, I'm slightly ahead of schedule at this time, so far so good.  I've started some preliminary tracking. Still have a lot to fix and smooth out in my playing to get it right.  Quick mix just to give a taste. Lyrics are 1/3 of the way done now. 30 day challenge Hope I can get it done in time.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 23rd, 2017 · 04:25 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: a taste
toastedgoat wrote…
I'm feelin pretty good, I'm slightly ahead of schedule at this time, so far so good.  I've started some preliminary tracking. Still have a lot to fix and smooth out in my playing to get it right.  Quick mix just to give a taste. Lyrics are 1/3 of the way done now. 30 day challenge Hope I can get it done in time.
tastes good so far!! 3 different feels! Haha !!! I'm still fooling round with asparagus!! I think I need a tin of MOJO!!
#3April 24th, 2017 · 03:12 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
It tastes like a beetle in some parts as in THE BEATLES
Keep at it, it will be interesting where you take it from here.
#4April 24th, 2017 · 06:06 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
It's coming together!  Now that Denis said it, I definitely catch that Beatles vibe too, haha!  You can't go wrong.
#5April 24th, 2017 · 06:22 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
That's because as far as anyone can tell The Beatles were the first musicians to build a song from the  I II IV I chord progression.  It became a popular chord progression for awhile. Blues Image used it on Ride Captain Ride.  Beatles first used  it in Eight Days A Week. It's a cool chord progression that gives you the ability to break off into many different directions.  I wanted to write a song using the I II IV I .  Just to see what I could come up with.
#6April 27th, 2017 · 05:18 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey toastedgoat! Fun stuff Yeah I see what Denis is saying about the Beatles but now that you explain why it is that way, that's super interesting! I didn't know about the I II IV I chord progression. Super neat.

Can't wait to hear this final track, vocals and everything!
#7April 27th, 2017 · 09:41 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Liking the changes...Love how the bass bottom end cuts through!!...Good drumming for sure, what are you using?
#8April 28th, 2017 · 10:54 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Marino wrote…
Liking the changes...Love how the bass bottom end cuts through!!...Good drumming for sure, what are you using?
Thanks, I still have a lot of work to fix the bass the VSTI  stops one note higher than what I need.  I'm using EZ drummer 2.  Modern kit, power batter, with a few EQ tweaks. It's all split out multi channel so I can adjust
Each piece.  I'm not at the puter now, or I could give which drums I changed out ( I didn't like the stock  kit).
I have quite a few midi loops I've down loaded from EZ drummer, Groove Monkey, Odd Loops, and a few others.  I think this is several loops and fills from EZ drummer  Jazz and funk, and groove monkey.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 11:59 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.