#1December 18th, 2016 · 04:48 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Catatonic Was Nicer

This song is not in a battle

This composition is a little bit screwball.  Its a concept track for being half nuts and getting the (scary) real and the (comforting) imaginary mixed up.

Probably should have done this around Halloween.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 19th, 2016 · 04:40 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah nice job - Love your electronic stuff - A little crazy wild thing going on here.
Interesting melodic phrases - Great Outro
#3January 26th, 2017 · 05:28 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Dang!!
Video game on steroids!!!! Sounds super cool!! Curious on how you came up with the arrangement!!?
#4January 26th, 2017 · 05:51 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Thanks!

I tend to do these songs out to about a minutes length, and then brainwash myself with it on repeat until I start hearing where its supposed to go from there.

The tape player flipping on to let the softer melody play was something that hit me while driving.  As soon as I had the idea, I knew the song would eventually flip backwards by the ending and the loud instruments would play the nice melody and the quiet instruments would play the harsh melody.

There is an idea still bumping around in my head for the inverse version of the song that is completely different but matches up exactly during the parts that the tape player clicks on.  Unfortunately the batch of 5 tracks doesnt have room for that.  (The mini "album" is tracks whose first letters spell out the word CRASH, which was an experimental formula to spark some creativity.  I came up with all of the titles in advance and then just improvised the actual songs based on the title vibe.)
#5January 26th, 2017 · 06:09 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
TonightsLastSong wrote…
There is an idea still bumping around in my head for the inverse version of the song that is completely different but matches up exactly during the parts that the tape player clicks on.  Unfortunately the batch of 5 tracks doesnt have room for that.

well there is the option to create a remix ALBUM making inverse (or complimentary) tracks to all of the 5 tracks... Such is a concept that has been done by a few acts I know of.

I do find this batch of songs very very interesting. It must have required a lot of patience and focus - and the reward is this unique concoction of styles, a true treat for the ears.

Admittedly not something I would put up in the background while gaming and also not viable as sleeptime material, ahhaha

but certainly very inspiring!
#6February 1st, 2017 · 08:44 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Catatonic Was Nicer
I sense a Random Programmer?

Fish
#7February 1st, 2017 · 08:51 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
re: Catatonic Was Nicer
swordfish wrote…
I sense a Random Programmer?

Fish

Actually, no!  I rely on drum machines because Im crazy bad at manually putting those together, but everything else (the good and the bad) comes from me directly.

I usually dont end up perfectly capturing what I heard in my head, but once Im in the groove I just kind of discover my way out to the end product.  Its like coming up with a route on a map and then throwing away the map once Im on the road.
#8February 4th, 2017 · 07:49 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Great Soundtrak material envisage a story set in some colourful lucid dream land . I like the mix up of instruments & Dali esk direction.All smiles this end hope so for you too
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 7:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.