#1August 15th, 2016 · 07:49 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Ten Years of White & Gray

This song is not in a battle

I made eight of these electronic tracks, making my second pass on a few now that I have had some time to analyze them.  This one stands out in the collection for having prominent sections that are less upbeat.  It also landed squarely in the center of what I imagined when I started, without needing a rework like a couple of the others.

I may not be great at strings yet, but this was my first honest shot at trying to use them underneath the piano.  (I will forever remember the awful synth keyboard I owned years ago that had the standard Piano+Strings voice, the sound of which probably single handedly drove me away from using strings with piano until this.)

Thanks for listening, lovely people.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 16th, 2016 · 09:27 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I like your Electronic music the best - This has great creativity.
I love the atmosphere is creates, almost Asian feel to it with little modern Jazz elements.
Love it!
#3August 17th, 2016 · 04:30 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Thanks!  This was definitely one of my favorites of the batch in a holistic sense.  Looking forward, I need to leverage automation (phaser, etc) underneath certain instruments to richen up some of the sounds in a stereo way, I just havent sorted out the workflow for doing it.  Something like that, anyway.
#4August 30th, 2016 · 06:28 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Like the flow crisp and imaginative use of instruments & textures .Strings sit well and do the job in electro context , stimulated  thoughts of  orchestrated version intricate & atmospheric which this is very engaging dynamic & story like melodic   Really enjoyed
#5September 19th, 2016 · 09:52 PM
60 threads / 45 songs
149 posts
United States of America
I Like it, it could be used as a backing track for a video game. a Syphon Filter type game.

Very Cool

I enjoyed
#6November 5th, 2016 · 07:14 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Ten Years of White & Gray
TonightsLastSong wrote…
I made eight of these electronic tracks, making my second pass on a few now that I have had some time to analyze them.  This one stands out in the collection for having prominent sections that are less upbeat.  It also landed squarely in the center of what I imagined when I started, without needing a rework like a couple of the others.

I may not be great at strings yet, but this was my first honest shot at trying to use them underneath the piano.  (I will forever remember the awful synth keyboard I owned years ago that had the standard Piano+Strings voice, the sound of which probably single handedly drove me away from using strings with piano until this.)

Thanks for listening, lovely people.

Im officially a lovely people

Very Nice track but around 3:10 is a bit ballsy!!!

Fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 2:05 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.