#1June 18th, 2016 · 03:35 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Atop the Sailing Spire

This song is not in a battle

Atop the Sailing Spire of Machinations

Gotta play around with the idea some more, get some of those instruments less blunt and stuff.

Image credit

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 22nd, 2016 · 07:28 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Atop the Sailing Spire
well it sounds like a backing track to a great song...

bring on the lyrics

FISH
#3June 23rd, 2016 · 02:28 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Thanks fish.  Im at a slight loss for what to do for lyrics on something like this!  Its already trying to put a melody forward and I dont get excited when I think about just making a voice imitate the existing one.  I am pretty content with it being instrumental, I think.  There are 4 of these songs I did, repetitive but easy to put in the background while I do other things.  Inspiration could take me, I suppose, but Ill have to think on it.

Maybe something gentle and low... I havent written lyrics like that but I could give it a try one of these days.

Hmmm hmmmm
#4July 8th, 2016 · 09:39 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
sorry mate just wrote a big post tried 4 times to post & it went nowhere.glitch....very annoying  .Dont worry bout lyrics sometimes get in the way ..some of our best returns came from songs stripped of lyric just inst for TV show , get the same royalty for use as full version.
#5July 8th, 2016 · 09:40 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Haha, yokoinc, I appear to be getting email notifications from your replies even though they are not showing up.  Apparently avoiding apostrophes helps me get comments through...

Thanks for the words!

Here is the text I got from the notification earlier:

yokoinc wrote…
I totally get you on this. Some times whip up something that goes as far as you can take without spoiling or over cooking what youve done by doing more.Whew like add subtract multiply & dived these numbers then take away the number you first thought of.Actually there are many people looking for compositions like this , active concentration and running music which does not distract from job with lyrics .I always love it when people say played your cd the otherday while we painted the kitchen or pulled down the carby on the motor mowe.Frankly some of our best placements e.g TV show where your earn royalties are versions of songs with lyrics stripped out all together ...so yes just the instrumental take. Get the same royalty sans lyric anyway .Like this one TLS
#6July 8th, 2016 · 09:43 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
That is the one glad it got through .Now we know the trick
#7July 8th, 2016 · 09:48 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
A fair amount of the music I listen to when I write is electronic instrumental.  I guess I caught a little bit of the bug, wanted to try doing something interesting as a background sound.

It is kind of a relief to not worry about something having repetitive bits, at least not on the level of lyrical compositions.  Also, it has been enjoyable putting together melodies that dont have to be spoiled by words that dont resonate with the listener.

I had fun making this and a few others.  It got me thinking in a different way!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 1:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.