student

This song is not in a battle

grunge/rock!!!! listen to it please:d

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 12th, 2005 · 01:54 PM
6 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
not bad. your voice is very kurt cobain-ish. i'm not sure if there's a bass in the song at all, maybe your tone is just heavier at times? but if not, you should include a bass in every part of the song, it'll add a lot more oomph to the sound. also the interlude with no singing is a bit lengthy.
#3August 12th, 2005 · 02:06 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I like the intro...its very Fu Manchu

Are you a stoner rock fan by any chance?

The vocals are surprisingly fitting off the song. You have a great characterisic voice for this music! Would be nice to hear a bit more confidence in the vocals though.

This is a really cool track, reminds me of the music I used to listen to/play quite a few years ago now while getting wrecked.

The only thing that lets this down (aside from being a bit repetitive, could do with some structural refinement ie shortening) is the production. Seriously, I would love to get my hands on this as a recording engineer, I reckon it would sound awesome with a good mixing job and a full master. As it is, the whole thing sounds a bit 'squashed'. There is no dynamic range or spatial immersion. Did you have a shakey mix and then just run it through a compressor (sounds like the ratio is too high, perhaps a limiter) afterwards?

I'd recommend panning the guitars to either side, eqing them for some separation - and also to give the vocals some space in the centre of the mix. I'd also add some compression to the guitars to make them in-your-face.

The basic recording quality, though, is pretty good! What mic(s) are you using?

Cool stuff
#4August 12th, 2005 · 09:53 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
10 posts
Belgium
bass
we got a little problem with the bass guitar it's sound was so nerve racking that we need to let it out , so normally there is bass in this song .

and we did the mixing our self and were not professionals , and i will ask the drummer which program we have used , but thanks anyway for your comments
#5September 6th, 2005 · 08:44 AM
11 posts
United Kingdom
loved the voice mike was spot on very kurt(early kurt) riff was cool but little scale run got a bit to much by the end of song overall top job!
#6September 6th, 2005 · 09:15 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
19 posts
United States of America
student
the recording quality is a liottle hollow but you sound ok
#7September 8th, 2005 · 08:50 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
6 posts
United States of America
student
pretty good
#8September 8th, 2005 · 11:27 PM
4 posts
United States of America
not bad but please better voice
#9September 10th, 2005 · 05:36 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
7 posts
Peru
really great,
#10June 10th, 2006 · 04:32 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
good tune...I like the drums in this song

Ralph
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:14 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.