#1August 12th, 2005 · 11:39 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Our first song

This song is not in a battle

This is the first song our band ever recorded, we were 14.  Now were are a lot better.  Enjoy!!?!?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 12th, 2005 · 11:49 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
10 posts
Belgium
song
it's not bad , but not really my style , but it's really music to chill on :d you got a strange but not bad voice :d it got something.i don't like the end of the song it's strange.
#3August 12th, 2005 · 10:07 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
errr...

plays well with others... runs with scissors... good effort... needs work

your voice isn't half bad... now you need to make the music good

"lost at sams club" just isn't quite the attention grabbing athem that it seems like it is

cold... but true
#4August 12th, 2005 · 11:30 PM
20 posts
France
You'll have to make great efforts on the mix and the quality :

On the first hand, the voice is too high and the guitar is difficultly earable. It's maybe because you record it on one pist with one mic so, I'll give you some tips :

You should use two microphones, one for vocals and the other one for guitar. If it's an acoustic, the micro has to be in front of the junction of the body and the fingerboard (about the last fret on your guitar) or it will make some "frizzzzzzzzz" as on your record. If you've got only one micro, search a position between you and the guitar to keep the voice and guitar earable without "frizzzz" , or play smooth on your guitar.

On the second hand, beware of the timing, the lost at the end, about 3:15, are a bit too fast and should be erased. Try to place something else on it.

But it's chill and doesn't sound bad, just pay attention to the end of the song and the mix.
#5August 13th, 2005 · 10:27 AM
8 threads / 6 songs
29 posts
United Kingdom
This song has potential . With more instruments and better multitrack recording it could be so much better. For a start putting in some proper drums would work wonders for the song. I would also recommend switching the acoustic to an electric guitar with a little bit of distortion. A bass would then add a whole lot more feeling to it. You have a great voice though, keep working on it 
#6August 13th, 2005 · 12:25 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
27 posts
United States of America
I think that this song is awesome in a kind of young Ween/They Might be Giants sort of way. I do agree that the recording quality is crap, but in a way it kind of fits the over all tone of the song. And being that you were all of 14 when you recorded it just makes it that much cooler. When I was 14 in my first band, we wrote a song about a mutated brick of chedar cheese, so this is kind of nostalgic. I wouldn't expect a record contract from it, but it still made me laugh my ass off.
#7September 2nd, 2005 · 09:46 AM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
bla, bla, bla
repetitive, repetitive and repetitive.

needs more changes, in Spanish we catalog this kind of songs as "chistositas"

better luck in the next,
#8September 3rd, 2005 · 10:32 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I dont really know what to say...It sounds half like you are being serious when recording this and half like you are just messing around. But then considering you were 14 at the time i'd consider this pretty good.

You have a voice with promise and I'd like to hear this with some more focus and a decent production job
#9September 4th, 2005 · 05:22 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
re: Our first song
weird, but ok.  Recording quality pretty low.  Ok for a first song.  Nice idea about being lost in a supermarket, originality points there.  Message of song should be conveyed with better choice of music arrangement.  Overall good job
#10September 8th, 2005 · 07:05 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
19 posts
United States of America
keep it up
#11December 20th, 2005 · 04:51 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Rough, raw, fairly lame lyrics - but not bad for being 14!

You say you're a lot better now - do you have anything recent that can be posted.  It would be interesting to hear how you've progressed.
#12January 10th, 2006 · 11:22 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
ok....    ummm....  hmmmmmm......

Very good for 14.....   I actually found the lyrics quite entertaining... the guitar, what I could hear through the poor quality of the recording, sounded tight, and well played, very simplistic, but for 14 a phenominal job...   I enjoyed the whole kooky feel of this.. Really could tell you were serious about making music, and serious about having fun.. and that, my freind, is the most important thing... who cares if your good, who cares if your equipment cast hundreds of dollars.. If your not having fun, why do it... but If you are having fun, man, what a rush....
         Thank you for posting this... can't wait to hear more...
                  JimK 
#13January 22nd, 2006 · 01:03 AM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
song is terrible-your voice is very nice,pleasant to listen to-build on that my friend-hope to hear from you again w/better song.
#14January 26th, 2006 · 01:09 AM
1 posts
Australia

Hello
hehe im the first Australian to write here i think lol
#15January 26th, 2006 · 10:51 AM
10 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
adding drums, bass and electric guitar would really help. but not bad
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 8:11 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.