#1November 7th, 2015 · 11:29 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
How to Go Home-demo

This song is not in a battle

New song I wrote that my cousin Connor and I recently recorded. I'm singing and playing guitar, he's playing drums, bass,  and synth. Since recording I've tweaked the lyrics slightly so I'm going to update them and we'll do a final version soon - with the hopes of a new album coming from all the songs I've got but haven't had time to record.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 8th, 2015 · 08:29 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Hey Kunadiun! It's good to hear from you and Connor! This a nice piece (nice easy "laid back" feel, really nice overall chording and structure). I might suggest some tweaks on the mix (rhythm guitar seems a bit too prominent in the mix, bass nearly inaudible, drums a bit too low in the mix). Vocals have some weak moments (some wavering, searching for the note - IMO needs a bit more confidence). But this has real possibilities!
#3November 8th, 2015 · 10:03 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
You know, the song is really catchy and has a lot of potential. There are some timing problems here and there that require some tweaking. Also you need to get your voice out there, man! When the song grows, your voice has to grow along, otherwise it feels out of place.
I would also add some heavier guitar in the more powerful bits of the song to match the mood.
Go for it! I'm pretty sure you can make a really good work out of this.

> Iz
#4November 10th, 2015 · 03:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hey it's real - I like how the song builds.
The drums came out well, the most difficult instrument to mic up for recording.
Sounds Ok for a live cut, but if you intend to put on an album, practice, practice it and do another recording.  The vocal is quite challenging even for a top pro with the pitch and dynamic changes.
The only thing I'd add is some vocal harmony in where the song builds up in dynamics.
You could also try an acoustic version, something you are quite good at.

Overall I like the song, it grows on you, I've heard about six times on the trot
#5November 19th, 2015 · 06:54 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Your recording skills have come a long way as much as your compositions...This is a very nice piece!!! For a demo I think it gets the point across...and very well !
#6November 23rd, 2015 · 12:21 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
That was really really good .... yes tweaking and tuning and timing, but in essence it is excellent.
A very pleasant place in space and time accompanied by a meaningful and clever lyric .... I like a lot.
Work at it till it's spot on and get it out there, it's worth every moment you have.
#7December 6th, 2015 · 02:58 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: How to Go Home-demo
TheKunadiun wrote…
New song I wrote that my cousin Connor and I recently recorded. I'm singing and playing guitar, he's playing drums, bass,  and synth. Since recording I've tweaked the lyrics slightly so I'm going to update them and we'll do a final version soon - with the hopes of a new album coming from all the songs I've got but haven't had time to record.

This is great .... wont add anymore cept... haha timing as iz pointed out ... the bass ever so slightly

wow- fish
#8December 8th, 2015 · 11:24 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. I agree there are some weak moments with my vocals - working on it. Tweaking, timing, etc will all be worked out in the final version I hope.

Thanks for enjoying the listen, its encouraging that I've got it stuck in your heads at least. 

Acoustic version! - yep, that's how it was originally written and I definitely want to do an acoustic version. Thanks guys. More soon...
#9December 12th, 2015 · 02:12 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
The voice is at its core is really good, weaknesses notwithstanding, so consider yourself encouraged 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:30 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.