#1August 11th, 2005 · 07:17 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
This Path

This song is not in a battle

Just a little tune I did. I'm not thrilled with how the vocals came out, but alas. I'm thinking the sample might be a little too loud in the mix. Speaking of the sample, sorry in advance for it's clicheity.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 12th, 2005 · 07:01 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Its cool I like the chilled guitar and the vocals are effective.

A couple of minor criticisms - I wouldn't say the sample is too loud - its just not fitted to the music. The problem is, it is panned to a specific place and sounds essentially mono - more like a keyboard sample than a serious recorded sample. If you want the sound of birds, it would sound alot nicer to have something stereo with a sense of space and atmosphere.

The guitar parts sound good together but they are poorly eq'd resulting in a muddy mix. And they are 'noisy' - ie we can here when the guitar begins recording because the noise level clicks in preceeding it. I would suggest using a noise gate of some description to filter this out.

Anyway, chilled stuff man and i look forward to hearing more.
#3August 12th, 2005 · 09:43 AM
18 posts
United States of America
you are the man, i like your other one better but this is still awesome.  frankly, i'm not a fan of the percusion in this one and a couple of times the birds actually hurt my ears, but the pain is worth it!  what is that one percusion sound?  it sounds like when those guys like open their mouths a certain amount and then finger flick their cheek or what not.  yeah, so, i'd rework the birdies and maybe drop all the percusion (were you just tapping on the guitar?) or whatever, it's your song not mine!
#4August 12th, 2005 · 03:20 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Very nice song... not really sure I like the birds, but that is a matter of personal choice.  The guitar track(s) and the percussion at near the end of the song seem to be out of synch.  The vocals are sufficient... especially for the specific sound of this song.  Good.
#5October 7th, 2005 · 10:43 AM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
I know it sounds weird and perhaps a bit mad, but some accordions would probably really work here, really add to the Gomez vibe.  When's the next installment?
#6October 28th, 2005 · 06:44 AM
1 threads
3 posts
United Kingdom
well, thats one loud bird you got there. the mix needs more thought i thought. your guitar was distorting especially at the end. thats one bizarre crescendo you got going at the end. its almost like you got bored with it and just wanted it to finish. im never to keen on two chord songs, i know theres more in your middle 8 section but still mostly two chords repeated, but hey, thats just my opinion who im i? on a possitive note its a great idea it just needs more care and attention. doesnt quite shine my shoes, thats all!
#7October 29th, 2005 · 09:14 PM
3 posts
United States of America
its cool
its cool man its  not realy my kinda music but good tunes r good tunes man  its kinda like kurt cobain tried to sing verillion pt2
#8March 23rd, 2006 · 03:15 PM
25 posts
United States of America
Cute birdy sound in the beginning.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:08 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.