#1August 11th, 2005 · 06:40 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
Netherlands
Untitled Noise

This song is not in a battle

Noise? Music! Anyway, I want someones opinion on this before we add vocals and make it longer. Just to see what people think about it and what could be better and stuff.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 12th, 2005 · 07:06 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
That has alot of energy - but im afraid the recording job is terrible and really hampers it.

The levels are way too high - it is full of digital clipping (distortion of the not good kind) which actually hurt my ears with headphones on :P

I'd get the levels down, add a compressor to that kick and to the guitar parts. Also, EQ the kick so that it has more punch rather than a boxy thump. Pan the (two?) guitar parts to either side of the stereo soundscape rather than in the same place, and eq them differently to add some increased separation.

In the current state, there is no headroom whatsoever in terms of dynamic range or clarity to add vocals into that mix!

I really like the vibe though, particularly the guitar harmony and I think this could be fantastic if developed into a full track with a good recording/mixing/production/mastering job.
#3August 12th, 2005 · 08:53 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i'd love this song to death if you did what DaveUK suggested and made a full cut of it!!

myself and heylittlelady2005 are looking to get songs together for a cd that we wanna  try to put out fairly regularly (like... every 3 months or so).  we're sending the cds off to radios stations all over the place that have agreed to check out what we send them!  we wanna send the first one out by the end of this month at the latest, so if you don't have time enough to get it done before then, that's okay, b/c i'm sure you get in on the next cd!

we'd love to put this in with the "metal" style cd.  if you'd like, we'd love to include a full cut of this song!  PM me if you've got questions or anything!!

anyway, i think this is going to be a great song
#4September 16th, 2005 · 02:04 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
CRITICAL MASS!
Hello fellow dutchman! Geez, I surely hope you don't live anywhere near me! I don't think the neighbourhood would last long if we'd both be recording at the same time and left the windows open... (see subject)
#5January 6th, 2006 · 06:43 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United States of America
hit the mike for a kick drum
echo reverb more high drive keys, tone it down a lil'
#6January 7th, 2006 · 12:38 AM
3 posts
United States of America
cool  loud sound
#7January 7th, 2006 · 01:33 AM
1 posts
United States of America
DaveUK wrote…
That has alot of energy - but im afraid the recording job is terrible and really hampers it.

The levels are way too high - it is full of digital clipping (distortion of the not good kind) which actually hurt my ears with headphones on :P

I'd get the levels down, add a compressor to that kick and to the guitar parts. Also, EQ the kick so that it has more punch rather than a boxy thump. Pan the (two?) guitar parts to either side of the stereo soundscape rather than in the same place, and eq them differently to add some increased separation.

In the current state, there is no headroom whatsoever in terms of dynamic range or clarity to add vocals into that mix!

I really like the vibe though, particularly the guitar harmony and I think this could be fantastic if developed into a full track with a good recording/mixing/production/mastering job.

I pretty much agree, except that i add that countermelody you got in the back is starting 30 seconds into it-  bring it in after 8 measures instead of 12.  don't wait so long, because it could be better there, as long as you lengthened the end recording.  Also, on that note, let that counter melody take over for a while.  Its in the background, but has so much more lyrical excitement to it than the first part, which sounds likea bass line.  Nothing against bass lines, but face melting melodies do exactly that; melt faces.

Good stuff, clean it up a lil, and send us more!

Mike
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 2:58 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.