#1June 12th, 2015 · 01:26 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
Jasper

This song is not in a battle

Repost from a few weeks ago. Hopefully an improvement. I don't have many friends into electronic music, so I don't get much feedback. You guys are the best though. 

Love bandamp.

*edit: please ignore the 30 second silence at the end.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 13th, 2015 · 12:48 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Visions of traveling in space at high speed, or driving a Ferrari heading towards the sun.
I wish you kept the first version to compare.  Again I love the sounds of the synths, not so keen on the percussion though, sounds cheap compared to the synths.
But I see you are trying to work on the arrangement from what I can remember.
I would still work on melodies to this, it's what it's crying out for - My gut feeling is you need a melody with many long notes to go with the arpeggios sort of thing going on. What you could do is, where you have a melody going on with three short notes, is to make the third note long, then keep the same phrase, but play other notes that fit or sound right
#3June 15th, 2015 · 01:57 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Jasper
ArpKnight wrote…
Repost from a few weeks ago. Hopefully an improvement. I don't have many friends into electronic music, so I don't get much feedback. You guys are the best though. 

Love bandamp.

*edit: please ignore the 30 second silence at the end.

I love it !!!

howz that for feedback!!

maybe try running a low pass filter over it or some sort of band eq to make it sound a bit brighter???
Its a bit middley... but could just be what I'm listening to it thru

FISH
#4July 13th, 2015 · 06:50 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I'm lacking a proper bass marking the note's root. I felt the harmony of the song was quite disperse because of that.
I also think there's a bit too much going on, specially with that mid-range sequencer moving all around the mix.
About the mix itself, it felt a bit boomb-ish in the lower-mid/higher-bass frequencies. Maybe cleaning it would help giving the song more body.

> Iz
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.