#1August 11th, 2005 · 06:38 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
'Til the sun punches

This song is not in a battle

full title: 'Til the sun punches back

This was done several months ago through a poor mic -- I've got a new one now and will get around to rerecording this when I get done with any new stuff I'm working on. as it is, I had to do some pretty heavy filtering to get it to sound as good as it does, which resulted in a little "tinniness", especially on the vocals. Otherwise, just a little song about you know what. Enjoy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 12th, 2005 · 07:11 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I like the rustic guitar sounds, could do with some more definition in the mix but they definitely seem to work!

A vocal harmonies are a little off but nevertheless suit the song.

I'd really like to hear this with a decent recording, no amount of 'filtering' is gonna salvage a poor mix.

Looking forward to hearing more
#3August 12th, 2005 · 09:35 AM
18 posts
United States of America
Dude, I don't know, man.  I can see how someone could say that this is technically "not the greatest song ever" but I absolutely love it.  It might be my favorite song I've heard on band amp.  No duh, it doesn't feature the best musicianship or most proficient playing/singing and it's surely a rough cut, but I LOVE it.

Great job, give me more like this
#4August 12th, 2005 · 03:15 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Hey... Nice song... you've already heard about the vocals...  the chord progressions are really good.  The sound is a little tinny, but I personally am not that interested in the production quality of songs, because if a song is really good, you can hire somebody to take care of that stuff.  The soul of the song is intact and has real potential.
#5August 16th, 2005 · 05:48 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated.
#6September 1st, 2005 · 01:13 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
That was awesome. That was mind blowing. That was out of this world. I have one complaint though the volume kind of keeps dissappearing in between so no matter how much you strain the ears you can't hear the song. Also after 2:26 the vocals become really medicore.

The way the song starts it reminds you of Jim Reeves country songs. Keep it up.
#7September 3rd, 2005 · 10:16 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
20 posts
United States of America
good song ,I agree with the volume not being loud enough at times
#8September 5th, 2005 · 05:12 AM
11 posts
United Kingdom
love it long time! would really like to hear you howl the take me backs at 1.50ish
#9September 5th, 2005 · 07:45 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
2 posts
Canada
hey man goodjob on this piece, the only thing i can say that you could improve on is recording quality.  It takes alot of practice to get the right mic location but if you experiment alittle you should find a tone that you are happy with!
#10September 5th, 2005 · 10:59 AM
3 posts
Barbados
this sounds great. good work.
#11September 7th, 2005 · 06:24 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
19 posts
United States of America
pooly done
#12September 9th, 2005 · 06:46 AM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Nice song, gonna save that and bring it with me surfing next weekend cos that is well nice.  Only thing I would change is the balancing, as I just listened to it through headphones and at times you have the guitar come through exclusivley the left earphone.  This is a good technique to use but what I would do instead is balance it so it mostly comes through the left earphone but some still through the right so you don't get a weird imbalance going on.  But as you say, it was done on cheap software so you may have not had that option.  I'd love to hear it live or on proffesional recording!
#13September 9th, 2005 · 07:33 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
14 posts
United States of America
sun punches in
here in arizona the sun is always punching in.  in fact it has so much over time it's  tiring.  but for this sond. i would have whispered, loudly.  not much a one for folk work, so i can't really give a  good critique...sorry.
#14November 7th, 2005 · 06:54 PM
3 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Nice
I enjoy the vocals and the lyrics. The recording wasn't half bad either.
#15May 31st, 2006 · 02:53 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
nice lil country sound    good lyrics  good hamonizing    the sound isnt bad    as far as quality   nice accoustics   not bad at all  cluster     i like this

Ralph
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 3:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.