#1April 26th, 2015 · 08:03 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
He Fell in Love With Her

This song is not in a battle

Hi guys - its definitely been a while! Hope everyone here on the amp is still doing great. Recently I've been experimenting with ambient/dream-pop/shoegaze-y type stuff and so I thought I'd share some experimenting I've been doing.

What do you think? It changes at about the 4 minute mark if you can make it until then...

I think first thing I'm going to do is decrease the vocal volume a bit throughout the track

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 27th, 2015 · 05:23 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Well, I like the soundscape, but what a depressive tone for a "fell in love" song subject.

Yes it takes long before there's any variation. I can hear the lyrics, that is a good thing.

When the song changes I would sort of expect a change in arrangement - like put the vocals clear and upfront, instead of filtered/phone like which works well for the earlier part. I'd also expect drums to then kick in, make it complete, because the second bit feels unfinished as a result.

All in all, for an emotional/melancholic piece, the soundscape (in the first part) really works well to convey the sentiment. For the second part, a shift of parameters is in place. The tone of the protagonist changes, so should the soundscape change to reflect that.

There's some audio clipping. You could prevent clipping by using compression and/or limiter on the tracks causing this or simply on the end mix (stereo mix track). Also, in the very beginning, I thought the guitar was out of tune, and it was distracting, but was probably caused by the chorus settings. And it's very long! So again changing the sound and feel of the song halfway when the pace picks up would be extremely welcome.
#3April 27th, 2015 · 02:24 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hi,

Nice to see you posting something new on the AMP.

I think PX has summed up quite well here, so I wont reiterate.

However, I would like to add keep on experimenting new horizons and keep working at it, it's how we grow.

First off, I would look at creating more changes, like instruments, structure and especially the melody - it needs variation.

The instrumental sounds too flat to my ears and it's too slow, that it its self  portrays a depressive vibe.

So basically you need to go back to the drawing board and try again.
#4April 28th, 2015 · 05:45 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: He Fell in Love With Her
TheKunadiun wrote…
Hi guys - its definitely been a while! Hope everyone here on the amp is still doing great. Recently I've been experimenting with ambient/dream-pop/shoegaze-y type stuff and so I thought I'd share some experimenting I've been doing.

What do you think? It changes at about the 4 minute mark if you can make it until then...

I think first thing I'm going to do is decrease the vocal volume a bit throughout the track

kind of go with everyone else ..... just hits me as miserable.... miserable is ok....but no real development to a peak or break out .. thanks...its raining here too. ...haha

great recording and instrumental skills as a plus +++

but miserable and flat as a song/concept

Flat Fish ..... like dover sole or flounder

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 8:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.