If you cross her path take my advice

She’s fine…….that’s right
If she asks then you don’t think twice
The die is cast, the stage is set
We’re gonna tear it down tonight…

Beware…..take care
Cause in the morning she won’t be there
You should have seen it in her eyes
She’ll take your heart, she’s a devil in disquise.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 4th, 2015 · 02:35 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice rocking rhythm. Vox have a raw edge to it, rhythm section tight.
It sounds like you have not put a high pass filter on the Bass Drum and Bass guitar? It will balance things out better in the mix, plus the bass will be more audible, it will also add dynamics to the rhythm section.
Welcome to bandAMP!
#3March 5th, 2015 · 07:40 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Thank you Denis
We sure didn't know that but will use a high pass filter on the next songs. Thanks again, rich
#4March 5th, 2015 · 02:10 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Thank you Denis
rmt wrote…
We sure didn't know that but will use a high pass filter on the next songs. Thanks again, rich
As you are a Bass Player this will encourage you even more - YouTube is excellent for tutorials, I'm addicted to YouTube for learning new skills.
On most recording software you will have EQ pre-sets - It's a good starting ground, from there you can fine tune the high pass filter, so that it blends in nice with rest of the mix.  you'll need to monitor the sound through speakers that can handle bass.  I actually use Logitec 2.1 PC speakers, which has a sub and two satellite speakers - I've had them for years and through mixing hundreds of mixes, learned what sounds good on many devices, from small laptop speakers to a decent Hi-Fi systems. For many it takes a lot of practice to get a decent mix, but I know from my own experience, it keeps improving over time. 

You can still buy headphones for mxing - Based on reviews and my budget I recently bought a set of Audio-Technica ATH M50 Studio monitor headphones - Great Value for money
#5March 7th, 2015 · 11:43 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Sounds good to me .... but then I dont have Denis's ear for production.
Very tight, very right, very evil, which is what you're trying to get I suppose.
It's definitely one from the source, raw rock, enjoyed a lot.
#6March 9th, 2015 · 08:11 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I liked it. This is really well-written, well-performed and well-produced song. A type of sound creating a universe of it's own, warping my time-perception: it seems like this song is much longer than it's actual 2:39, and that is a great feat! Probably because there is a lot going on, many things to put one's focus on, very rich but not over-saturated. A sign of good production value.

The overall sound seems filtered somewhat, like the whole having been put to a P/A and then mic'd again for the master mix. Is this because of the mastering effects or is it an artifact of mp3-conversion? A type of coloration sometimes heard on 70s rock albums, perhaps specifically mixed for vinyl, so it could be a deliberate flavor but it's more optional than necessary. This is a different issue from what Denis mentions, by the way, though they may be related.

Cheers.
#7March 11th, 2015 · 07:47 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
every one loves this
me too

cept its not exactly pushing at any boundaries

nice song

no creativity .... it just is the same as.....

fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 1:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.