#1November 22nd, 2014 · 05:30 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Not The Way 2014

This song is not in a battle

Helllooooo BandAmp......Soooo...After a couple of live bands I'm back into recording again.  This time around Im trying hard to get a polished studio sound. I'm using layered .wav drum tracks, fills, and cymbals and then I'm doing all the instruments and vocals myself.  Here's one of the Almost Finished tracks called Not The Way. I think I need to do another main vocal take as there is a clip or two but other than that I think it's about done. I had uploaded a live verion of this to BandAmp just after writing it in 2012 so it's interesting to see the differences.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 23rd, 2014 · 12:42 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice to see you back.
Great raw rock sound from the guitars and vox. I like how the dynamics flow.
The drums need work in the mix, they may just need to come up - I'd like them to be more punchy, plus the whole mix needs some EQ work - it sounds like too much upper mids apart from the vox.  I assume you have you have put a filter on the bass thoughout out the mix, this will help everything cut though better.
From time time I listen to the collab we did, really enjoyed working with you on that.
Rock on
#3December 1st, 2014 · 05:49 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Thanks Denis.  I took the drum tracks and did a fair amount of work on them.  First I took out a good bit of the fills, they were a little off in places and made the track a little busy for me. It took listening a dozen times to realize so then I re-EQ'd them and added a touch of lexicon reverb. They sound much better. now and stronger in the mix.  I also re-recorded the bass line, used a graphic EQ on it, and added a little reverb on it too. (As the recording of the song developed the bass line needed modifying to reflect the latest develpments in the songs structure.  I also re-recorded the vocals again to fix the clipping and did some separating left, center and right for different instruments. Each element now has its own place in the sonic spread. I still need to record the chorus vocals again since I changed the phrasing on one recording but I dont like it now so another redo is in order.  It's worked out good though because it got me thinking about backing harmonies and now ive settled on the final sound in my head...just need to find the time to finish it on the track. Really starting to like this tune and I should get to finish it in the next few days. I will post it on BandAmp . Appreciate your input. Sometimes when recording I get caught up in the process and need others ears to help. 
Oh and I listen to the Wish You Were Here  colab we did too.  Its especially cool to me that we created it here on the amp over thousands of miles.  
#4December 21st, 2014 · 09:07 PM
22 threads / 1 songs
64 posts
United States of America
nice work
I like your riffs and the way you repeated your hook you got me

Ma from The Gruntled Experiment.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 5:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.