#1January 9th, 2014 · 03:54 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
20 posts
United States of America
Arc

This song is not in a battle

Spent the last two days working on this Accordion/Gypsy/Hard rock song.  What does everyone think?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 10th, 2014 · 04:49 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Arc
its recorded very loud

sounds like its too loud

lots of blurry sounds

check out levels

all too hot

grilled fish
#3January 10th, 2014 · 05:29 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
20 posts
United States of America
yeah, you're probably right.  I was hoping more of a critique of the song rather than recording quality though...
#4January 11th, 2014 · 06:09 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Certainly has something, beside it being mastered too loud - I can listen through that and enjoy the song. There's a number of punk-folk bands I've heard over time with similar types of music, - I like this containing synth and more typical metal-trickery, going somewhat psychedelic. It's not as straight forward as those punk-folk bands, that's very welcome, makes it more appreciable outside the live experience. Do you have a band to do this live with? Certainly would fill a niche, you could get a really decent following.

As for the recorded, yes please re-mix, remaster! It deserves that!
#5January 13th, 2014 · 02:19 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Your work always has a theatrical element to my ears - it also has a fun element too 
The recording quality is important - I struggled to understand what you was singing about.
Try using less effects on the vocals - bring them upfront, they should be dominating the mix.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.