#1January 1st, 2014 · 05:44 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
New Year's Day 2014

This song is not in a battle

In restoring an old tradition of mine - recording a song on the final day of the year - I decided to re-do one that I had last done for the 1999/2000 transition. It's U2's New Year's Day in my own spin.

I know there's some quirks and imperfections there, and certainly has an experimental structure (I did not use the original as a reference, just recorded what I felt was right) but it's the idea that counts. Ah, enjoy!

And all the best to all. Keep the Amp rocking!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 1st, 2014 · 09:44 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Hey Pup!!! So great to see you here again! This is a great version of this old U2 song (I did a cover of this one several years ago as well...it's languishing somewhere on cassette tape). Your rendition takes the U2 version and puts a really great ominous, industrial quality to it. While the U2 version sounds like a plea ("I will be with you again") your version turns this into an obsessive promise (I WILL be with you again!)...kind of like a stalker's threat. I love it!

(P.S. -  Happy New Year to you, too!)
#3January 10th, 2014 · 05:16 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: New Year's Day 2014
PuppetXeno wrote…
In restoring an old tradition of mine - recording a song on the final day of the year - I decided to re-do one that I had last done for the 1999/2000 transition. It's U2's New Year's Day in my own spin.

I know there's some quirks and imperfections there, and certainly has an experimental structure (I did not use the original as a reference, just recorded what I felt was right) but it's the idea that counts. Ah, enjoy!

And all the best to all. Keep the Amp rocking!
blast my socks offf
#4January 11th, 2014 · 06:21 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Cheers, thanks for the comments! This track has been well received, and I also learned to work with my DAW internal drum-sequencer instead of external drum machines while doing this one, which is good, gives me more control and freedom over the drum tracks (although it takes quite a while longer if I want to do it right).

As a disclaimer, battlecat, this "you" I'm referring to is not a single person in particular, more the concept of someone - a set of personality traits - I would like to spend more time with throughout my life. And those can be spread and shared across many different individuals. Heh - that is not stalkery much at all! Yikes! 

Yes, I am abusing the lyrics to convey my own message of sorts. True fact dat.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 6:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.