#1December 3rd, 2013 · 01:59 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Be Alright

This song is not in a battle

A slow blues jam... with a little kick in the middle. This is a learning song for sure; first time I've recorded my own vocals in a while. Open to any suggestions, will make them, and will upload a new version.

Thats why I like Bandamp. I hope it doesn't go anywhere. I started uploading music when I was 17... I'm 25 now, and I may not be great, but I'm way better than I would have been sans Bandamp... its hard not to get nostalgic.

Anyway, comments welcome.

Also, in a couple hours, I'll have my first EP up on Bandcamp, I'll upload some songs from it!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 3rd, 2013 · 03:56 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Big-Time All-Stars
here's that link to the EP, we're called Big-Time All-Stars, free downloads available
http://big-timeall-stars.bandcamp.com
#3December 3rd, 2013 · 04:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Not bad - Vox sound  good.
The main thing I'd work on in the mix is the reverb (try different reverbs too - I think a live sounding one would sound nice), sounds too much making it muddy and  too distant.
Plus the Eq/panning on the Organ and guitars to create more separation.
The Bass tone is sweet.
Guitar licks a bit untidy, try less notes with more pull ups, sustaining the pull ups adding vibrato when you hit the note at the top of the bend - it takes a bit of practice to get the timing right - Less is more in the right places.
#4January 9th, 2014 · 03:49 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
20 posts
United States of America
Has a good groove.  I'm wondering if a nice slap back delay on the drums would benefit this song.  The upbeat part fits in perfectly, and doesn't drag on too long.  Nice jorb.
#5January 10th, 2014 · 04:54 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Be Alright
leVee wrote…
A slow blues jam... with a little kick in the middle. This is a learning song for sure; first time I've recorded my own vocals in a while. Open to any suggestions, will make them, and will upload a new version.

Thats why I like Bandamp. I hope it doesn't go anywhere. I started uploading music when I was 17... I'm 25 now, and I may not be great, but I'm way better than I would have been sans Bandamp... its hard not to get nostalgic.

Anyway, comments welcome.

Also, in a couple hours, I'll have my first EP up on Bandcamp, I'll upload some songs from it!

so vert nice ......

the bass seems out of tune every now and then  ... could be my ears ... its a fine thang ...
great track ... more please

deaf fish
#6January 11th, 2014 · 05:52 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Really pleasant blues tune, and a very enjoyable "kick" in the middle. I like it as it is, though if you want to mix it to perfection, there are some very minor timing issues here and there, causing some parts of the performance sound more "on edge" than "laidback" which one would expect from e blue tune. Also, I hear those bass notes being a little off as well, but I can't call that an issue. Maybe the overall mix could be somewhat "dramatized", if you're going to use effects, don't hold back, OR stay clean and use effects only very subtly (in particular, the reverb). On the other hand, it really does stand as it is, but you wanted suggestions, so here you have them
#7January 23rd, 2014 · 06:44 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
nice track
I've been sitting at my computer doing work stuff...
i put your track into the player...
ive listened to it 10 times straight ...... enjoyed every one ....
so i guess its very cool blues

at least by this iced UK fish

swordfish
#8January 23rd, 2014 · 08:15 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Really nice - smooth, sultry, then raucous, emotive. You have a great voice - pure, true, smooth. Fits the song really well. Nice work!
#9March 22nd, 2014 · 12:06 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
its got a nice feel...I like it
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 9:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.