#1October 16th, 2013 · 04:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Autumn Sunset

This song is not in a battle

Only the second time I've recorded the Mandolin - It's only a cheap one, think it needs to be played more to get the tone, but then again I'm no expert - It does have Maple Back & Sides and a Spruce top, so should mature a bit after about twenty years or so....lol.
I also tried to do some midi drums on the keyboard - not as easy as you think, I kept it simple - my timing is awful, but I suppose it adds to the realism - at least that's my excuse for my first attempt.
Above all I had great fun putting this together trying out new things and what not.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 19th, 2013 · 03:03 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Sounds good,  nice mix, good balance, the feature instrument comes through just right. The tonality of the instruments together blend well.

I think playing drums with a keyboard, or finger pads, is like playing all other instruments, takes practice.
#3October 30th, 2013 · 07:09 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Listening and looking at something else completely I started getting visions of the sea and an orange sunset .... only then did I see what the title is .... you've got the mood right on.

Cant you get a few of your midi hits in time using Cubase?

enjoying.
#4October 30th, 2013 · 03:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Listening and looking at something else completely I started getting visions of the sea and an orange sunset .... only then did I see what the title is .... you've got the mood right on.

enjoying.
Do you mean quantize? You know me I'm not into cheating - I don't like quantize, it sound too mechanical - It does work for some electronic genres
#5October 31st, 2013 · 02:44 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…

enjoying.
Do you mean quantize? You know me I'm not into cheating - I don't like quantize, it sound too mechanical - It does work for some electronic genres

No I dont mean quantize, I mean move a few around to make them time better ... the magic of midi
Ez drummer patterns ... that's cheating !
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 10:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.