#1October 3rd, 2013 · 09:38 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
United States of America
September 15
In collaboration with: solo

This song is not in a battle

Hello. this is my first upload to bandamp. This song was a part of a project I did in September where I recorded one piece of music per day for the entire month (search for PANDASBAD on youtube if you want to hear any of the other selections). The idea behind the project was to put this stuff out there somewhere since I have never done anything serious with music. I have been playing in one form or another for almost 30 years, but I'm struggling with deciding whether I should continue making music for the pure joy (even though it is hard to dedicate the time to it anymore) or just calling it quits because nothing fruitful is ever accomplished.

This isn't a therapy session... just take a listen and let me know what you think. I've been playing music in a bubble forever so feedback of any kind would be appreciated.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 4th, 2013 · 02:16 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hey you uploaded - good for you!!
This is a great effort - the arrangement must have taken some working out, not to mention Drum programming.
It has that 80's feel - I'm thinking around the time Rocky films came out.
Would be nice to have heard more realistic Brass - hunt around for some decent brass plug-ins.
My only critique is the Drums sometimes get too busy so suite the music.
Anyway welcome, hopefully you'll get some more members take a listen - as I mentioned it's a little quite here on the AMP.
#3October 4th, 2013 · 04:04 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: September 15
GPanda wrote…
Hello. this is my first upload to bandamp. This song was a part of a project I did in September where I recorded one piece of music per day for the entire month (search for PANDASBAD on youtube if you want to hear any of the other selections). The idea behind the project was to put this stuff out there somewhere since I have never done anything serious with music. I have been playing in one form or another for almost 30 years, but I'm struggling with deciding whether I should continue making music for the pure joy (even though it is hard to dedicate the time to it anymore) or just calling it quits because nothing fruitful is ever accomplished.

This isn't a therapy session... just take a listen and let me know what you think. I've been playing music in a bubble forever so feedback of any kind would be appreciated.

Welcome to the amp .....

Now this is a place to burst your bubble!!!!

One piece of music a day for a month ??? OK ??
you have certainly brought it to a good place ... out there!!

You record your ideas well....

This instrumental is very good ......
but ......it sounds tired ...like you have been making music for thirty years ... etc

So you want feedback .... you will get it here ....on the amp

you will get it !!! ENJOY.

My overall feeling about this piece is its well constructed .... but it has the same intensity throughout ...
 no emotion .... high or low points ..... its kinda good but needs a few peaks and troughs.... The mix is just flat

So there you go ......positives and a negative thrown in!!!

Please keep posting here on Bandamp .....
Listen and comment on your peers .... thats dead important

The more you get involved with those around you the more fun you will have

sounding like an old fart .... fish

#4October 4th, 2013 · 09:08 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
41 posts
United States of America
I really like this. Like Fish was saying, it kinda remains the same throughout. It fit pretty well for some background music. I listened to it a few times while I did other things and it gave a good feeling.

I think to take it from background music to foreground music you can give it some good climaxes like Fish said.(Or maybe break it down to some drum and bass )

I really dig it though, welcome.
#5October 5th, 2013 · 11:46 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Listening for the umpteenth time, I like it.
The brass sounds like a vocal sometimes and it's following too much. less is more, it could say a lot more using less of it. Into the 4 minutes you start a definite statement,  but the mellow tone of the trumpet bring it down again ... to that level.
To reap the fruits you have to plant the seeds, or be nice to the tree at least !

So your going to give up?  Like sit there frowning at your guitar !    

Maybe all you need is a little inspiration.
#6October 5th, 2013 · 02:22 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I think as a song writer you have a lot of potential. Most of what I hear that could be improved upon, has to do with the mix.  There are a couple of places were the guitar and bass don't seem connected. 

I went over to your youtube page and listened to most of your songs, you have a lot of talent, it just needs to be refined a little. 

Age has nothing to do with anything, The only thing that matters, is what you feel, and what YOU want to do.

When mixing/producing a song, placement of instruments can make a world of difference.

i.e, the guitar sounds like it's 5' away, the brass sounds 50' away at times. (not scientific, I just close my eyes and imagine the band playing live in front of me).  I can hear all the instruments, they just need a little tweaking.

a middle 8 break down would help,  a little more dynamics with the mix could help  to break it up some.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:29 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.