#1October 3rd, 2013 · 06:20 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Excerpt - Kindness....

This song is not in a battle

Got a Gibson ES339 at my place for a week.
 This is an excellent instrument. Love it. One day I may even own one
Couldn't resist on taping something little that I  came up lately with.
Will turn it to a piece some day. Hope you like it as much as I had fun recording it and playing this guitar.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 3rd, 2013 · 02:12 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Sweet Sound - Great for Jazz & Blues - You can buy copies of this guitar, change pick ups to Gibson 57's and get a similar sound and feel - The main difference is that the Gibsons hold and increase in value, you can't loose, just need the cash in the first instance.
I was thinking of getting an Epi Sheraton, lovely looking guitar and put Gibson pick ups on it

Ive got one of these - Made in a Gibson factory - Rally Blue Harlem - Great guitar for the money - Hollow body - Solid maple body, flamed at the back.
Only paid £350.00 New - I use it in a lot for recording - She's so pretty
Here's me posing on my Deck playing

I created this image in photoshop of my actual guitar
#3October 3rd, 2013 · 07:24 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
yo Dennis thanks for posting the pic of this guitar, I love off-brand guitars! Is Rally a more common mark in the UK? I've never heard of it
#4October 3rd, 2013 · 09:18 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
United States of America
I like this bluesy atmosphere. That guitar does have a nice tone... especially on the solo piece on top of the chords.
#5October 4th, 2013 · 04:42 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Thanks guys.
Rally is a Korean made guitar as long as I can see. Looks quite good though.
Now, having quite a long experience with guitars and owning few really nice ones, if you ask me - it always boils down to the particular instrument, but my general conclusion is that you can't beat the system. YMMV.
There's much more consistency in established brands products than the other ones. I am not saying that there aren't problems with them as well, just more rare ones.
This particular Gibson ES339 is damn fine sounding instrument (albeit having '59 style really chunky neck, which certainly adds to the tone, but can be difficult to play for some).
Now there's a particular ES335, I think it was Larry Carlton model, that I played in a shop some time ago, that was the finest sounding hollow body that I've ever played (price tag was around 4.5K USD here) and I played some   I don't know what voodoo was applied at the Gibson factory, but that was an exquisite guitar.
I'll stop here cause I can become quite boring on the subject...

Glad you like the sound.
#6October 4th, 2013 · 01:44 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
leVee wrote…
yo Dennis thanks for posting the pic of this guitar, I love off-brand guitars! Is Rally a more common mark in the UK? I've never heard of it
Yeah I think you are right you can only get them in the UK - I initially went to the shop to try a dot style semi hollow Cherry job, but the shop owner said before you buy try the Blue Harlem, and wow what a difference, better tone and really easy to play.  I also Tried an Eastman semi hollow three times price of the Rally and that was sheer luxury, the finish and quality was to die for, the tone however was only marginally better than the Rally Blue Harlem, it was quite an easy decision, I've not regretted it. I haven't even changed the stock pick up's, they may be of Gibson standard.
#7October 4th, 2013 · 01:57 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
synchu wrote…
Thanks guys.
Rally is a Korean made guitar as long as I can see. Looks quite good though.
Now, having quite a long experience with guitars and owning few really nice ones, if you ask me - it always boils down to the particular instrument, but my general conclusion is that you can't beat the system. YMMV.
There's much more consistency in established brands products than the other ones. I am not saying that there aren't problems with them as well, just more rare ones.
This particular Gibson ES339 is damn fine sounding instrument (albeit having '59 style really chunky neck, which certainly adds to the tone, but can be difficult to play for some).
Now there's a particular ES335, I think it was Larry Carlton model, that I played in a shop some time ago, that was the finest sounding hollow body that I've ever played (price tag was around 4.5K USD here) and I played some   I don't know what voodoo was applied at the Gibson factory, but that was an exquisite guitar.
I'll stop here cause I can become quite boring on the subject...

Glad you like the sound.

It's what we musicians do - If your passionate about it don't hold back.
I've haven't tried that many guitars, but I bought a second hand Epi Les Paul about 2 years ago and put a pair of Seymour Duncan Pick ups (A standard jazz combination they do) to replace the well know muggy sound of the stocks - And what a great sound, I've recorded some great songs with it, Clean on the rhythm pick up, really great tone and nice to play.
I must try out some of the guitars you mentioned, I'm curious
#8October 7th, 2013 · 04:20 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So does the owner know that your doing such beautiful things to their guitar ?      
Nice piece, nicely played on a nice instrument.
#9October 8th, 2013 · 03:52 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
nice playing, like the dark jazzy guitar tones too.

My first real guitar was a Gibson ES 345, my dad had traded an old Ford car for it.  I played on it for several years, then I got stupid and traded it for a Les Paul.  The ES 345 was built in 1964. I got it in 1974.. it's worth some money now. 

I had an Ibanez George Benson sig.  gtr that sounded great , but I could never get it to play as well as the ES 345.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.