#1August 2nd, 2013 · 04:02 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Cruizin

This song is not in a battle

Some of you know me and my wife are celebrating our 25th Anniversary on Oct 11th  - My wife works in a School and can't take that time off, so we're celebrating early going on our first ever Cruise around the Mediterranean for 2 weeks on the 10th August. I can't wait.
So here is a little Cuizin number, I came up with the idea yesterday and recorded, produced in 9 hours.
CHEERS ALL!!

**EDIT**
Here's a remix - This one sounds a bit fatter and smoother IMO
https://soundcloud.com/denis0260/cruizin

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 3rd, 2013 · 01:13 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
This song makes me     excellent for such a short time.  nice mix,  great chord changes. nice soloing.
#3August 12th, 2013 · 11:38 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Another great tune here..nice bass groove..Your pan work on the stereo field adds a lot to the the fullness of the sounds...Feel like I'm traveling and cruising with you guys..SWEET!
#4August 12th, 2013 · 04:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Another great tune here..nice bass groove..You pan work on the stereo field adds a lot to the the fullness of the sounds...Feel like I'm traveling and cruising with you guys..SWEET!
We're 3 days into the cruise, it's amazing. The live music is superb, the service is outstanding.
Cheers M
#5August 16th, 2013 · 06:48 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Cruizin
Denis wrote…
Some of you know me and my wife are celebrating our 25th Anniversary on Oct 11th  - My wife works in a School and can't take that time off, so we're celebrating early going on our first ever Cruise around the Mediterranean for 2 weeks on the 10th August. I can't wait.
So here is a little Cuizin number, I came up with the idea yesterday and recorded, produced in 9 hours.
CHEERS ALL!!

**EDIT**
Here's a remix - This one sounds a bit fatter and smother IMO
https://soundcloud.com/denis0260/cruizin

u must be living it up as i write .....have a great time,,,,oh yeah and this another fantastic track!!!
#6August 19th, 2013 · 05:12 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
You're getting better and better when you get older haha.

Fantastic track and skills
#7August 22nd, 2013 · 08:26 AM
1 threads
2 posts
Belgium
great groove !
#8August 24th, 2013 · 10:43 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
We're Back
Wow we had a great time - here we are just about to order supper - yummy yummy
Thanks for the kind words on the track
#9August 24th, 2013 · 09:33 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Great picture - you guys looks like you're having a grand time! Also, this tune is amazing - hard to believe you did this in just 9 hours. Great drum track!
#10August 25th, 2013 · 04:28 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
battlecat wrote…
Great picture - you guys looks like you're having a grand time! Also, this tune is amazing - hard to believe you did this in just 9 hours. Great drum track!
Cheers BC. The tune started with two chords, one of which was a variation of a minor ninth chord, one of my favourites for this style. I then created the bass line and could not find a melody to match, so I thought of trying identical melody bass and melody lines and filling out with fender strat picking rhythm and percussion. I spent quite a bit of time on the mix and panning. The drums I was lucky to find a pre-set from groove monkey, which you can import into Ezdrummer drum software, again tweaked the mix on them that I'm used to anyway. The solo's were just three chords, which was improvised on an Archtop, filling further with a Rhodes pre-set, again quite easy, three chords.
#11August 26th, 2013 · 01:53 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
looks like you had a great time. 

I use groove monkey alot with my ez drummer.  there are some great free loops up there. 

the mix sounds very good.
#12August 26th, 2013 · 05:26 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: We're Back
Denis wrote…

Now that is cruising !

Well done you two, it must have been amazing.

So are you now going to build that studio of yours ?
#13August 27th, 2013 · 02:38 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: We're Back
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…

Now that is cruising !

Well done you two, it must have been amazing.

So are you now going to build that studio of yours ?
Not sure if I'll have enough money next year to build the studio. The cost of living can creep up on you.
I do have another ideas, but it's purely circumstantial at the moment - that is if I decide in a career change becoming a photographer and I can make more money, a studio will be required in which I can combine it to a photographic/music studio
#14August 27th, 2013 · 04:00 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Video of the cruise
Here is a quick edited video of the cruise with this track and two others, one of which I wrote on our wedding anniversary 2012 - despite it being quick to edit, it's about 20 min's long, so you may get bored.
One of my favorite photo's was capturing a Dolphin showing off as we were leaving Gibraltar taken from our staterooms balcony. I think they were celebrating that the UK who owned Gibraltar gave it back to Spain,  I believe on the day I took the shot 

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.