#1July 22nd, 2013 · 11:37 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
Canada
Lying There

This song is not in a battle

So, not really sure whether to name this "Lying There" or "Across the Yellow".  Either way, it's about loosing a loved one in a car accident based on a dream I had in which I lost a girlfriend.  Needless to say it hasn't happened to me in real life and hopefully never will to either one of us but still a sad song.

Any input is appreciated.  Thanks!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 23rd, 2013 · 05:06 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Lying there says it all.
Very touching song.
If you want to keep it acoustic I'd experiment with an almost dry vocal and get closer to the mic if you haven't already done so making it sound as intimate as possible. It's a very challenging song vocally, you almost must be in a state of tears. You could perhaps add a cello in certain parts or small chamber strings.
You could take this song and almost flip it round completely in terms of genre, classic rock, Pink Floyd style would be cool as many of there songs have tragic parts/scenes, a crescendo of the actual accident, followed by a dry acoustic would be very powerful.

Anyway great song, has huge potential

On to the next dream, an album of 'dreams'.....
#3July 25th, 2013 · 12:16 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
Canada
This may seem like a stupid/odd question but what do you mean by "dry" and how would I achieve this effect?  I've been playing with an e-bow adding some depth to the chorus, not sure how I like it yet but will keep playing around.  I think the end is a little abrupt but it does have a certain aspect of just ending quickly, kind of like the girls life in the song.  What do you guys think?
#4July 25th, 2013 · 02:12 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
dnirvine wrote…
This may seem like a stupid/odd question but what do you mean by "dry" and how would I achieve this effect?  I've been playing with an e-bow adding some depth to the chorus, not sure how I like it yet but will keep playing around.  I think the end is a little abrupt but it does have a certain aspect of just ending quickly, kind of like the girls life in the song.  What do you guys think?

DRY - No ambiance/reverb - you don't need a sound booth to achieve this, I sometimes sing in my closet/wardrobe full of clothes, positioning my clothes around the mic - It works a treat - Yeah and get close to the mic, about 3" - By doing this it will create a sound as though you are almost singing in the listeners ear - Intimate
#5July 27th, 2013 · 08:22 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
welcome to the AMP
sorry that I've not caught your earlier songs

This one is lovely

so whats next ..... take on board denis advice but if u like me u  just get working on the next song...

I like your style and voice

swordfish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.