#1June 22nd, 2013 · 02:54 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Uranus Gas
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 1 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2013-07

Uranus Gas, one of 10 instrumental songs inspired by Gustav Holst's "The Planets".
Uranus Gas' title is a play on "Classical Gas" and features melodies and moods that are the artist's take on the personality of the gas giant planet.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 23rd, 2013 · 08:18 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Welcome to BandAMP
Funny I just recently got some Space VR loops, some with gas planets. Have you thought of adding this to video?
It's got an old school vibe.
Not a bad mix, the drums are a bit buried in the mix, personally I would have chosen a heavier bass guitar tone to separate it from the rest of the mix.

I'm thinking on the lines of James Bond in space
#3June 24th, 2013 · 03:31 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Uranus Gas
thomasallencummins wrote…
Track 3 from Thomas Allen Cummins' 2012 album "Planetary". Uranus Gas, one of 10 instrumental songs inspired by Gustav Holst's "The Planets".
Uranus Gas' title is a play on "Classical Gas" and features melodies and moods that are the artist's take on the personality of the gas giant planet.

Welcome to bandamp ...

this is great!!!! its a bit thin in the mix however .....bass lacking ... interested in what software u used to create this then might be able to help thicken your sound... next time around?? ok??

swordfish

btw vocals always help
#4June 25th, 2013 · 08:21 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Especially like those clean guitars at 2:20+!  Can't help but think of being in a shuttle drifting off from planet to planet now

What software are you using to track and mix?
#5June 25th, 2013 · 10:39 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the comments all. I may have overcompensated on the bass mix. Early examples of the song were described as too thick and bass heavy.

I have 10 songs from this Planetary set. I set one to video from random free NASA planet simulation vids but its a bit sloppy and could use a more seamless edit.

UA, I'm using Sonar Producer 7 to record and mix.

Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate the feedback.
#6July 1st, 2013 · 04:01 PM
12 threads / 12 songs
37 posts
Latvia
It somehow takes me back to the times of  Didier Marouani and his SPACE.

Seems like the drums could be a bit juicier.
#7July 3rd, 2013 · 06:39 AM
5 threads / 4 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Hiker, I had not thought about SPACE in a very long time. I don't believe I've listened to anything since the 80s.

I found a Youtube video of Space Opera which was very cool to listen to again.

I agree about the drums. They could use more body and energy.

Thanks for listening.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.