#1June 18th, 2013 · 03:55 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hello - Rendition

This song is not in a battle

At my wife's request I recorded this great song by Lionel Richie - It was the first song I sung to my Mrs around 1987ish.
Good old love songs - where have they all gone....
I'm working on a Video too - My Mrs suggested to incorporate some old photo's of her.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 20th, 2013 · 05:31 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Sounds great Denis! And the video with photos sounds like a great idea! Maybe use photos of you both together! And maybe do it for Valentine's Day next year? Gives her enough time to forget about it so it's a surprise

Really good stuff
#3June 21st, 2013 · 01:48 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Petermoncrieff wrote…
Sounds great Denis! And the video with photos sounds like a great idea! Maybe use photos of you both together! And maybe do it for Valentine's Day next year? Gives her enough time to forget about it so it's a surprise

Really good stuff :D
Cheers Peter,
It's our 25th wedding anniversay in Oct, we're celebrating it early on a 2 week cruise in August. Never been on one before.
 My Mrs Picked some photos of herself yesterday, better she pickes them out. I've videoed this recording. So will have me performing and photos of the Mrs.
Funny my Mrs has never taken an interest in my musical performances until recently when I recorded some covers - she wants me to produce a vocal album for her.
#4June 21st, 2013 · 11:52 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
How could she say no when you serenade her like this Great recording sir!
#5June 21st, 2013 · 12:17 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
UndercoverApple wrote…
How could she say no when you serenade her like this Great recording sir!
Thanks.  This is the first mix, I'm not overall happy with it to be honest. Needs tweaking on the levels. I'm happy with the vox, I practised a lot, but there is still room for improvement. In this mix the limiter has lost some of the mix towards the end after the guitar solo and sounds too squashed. I want the snare to punch through, need to do some research on how to achieve this without it sounding fake.

I did another mix yesterday, it's always best to hear it again with a fresh set of ears the following day.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 11:58 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.