1 2

#1August 8th, 2005 · 10:54 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Josy (PL)

This song is not in a battle

I made this song a long time ago with my band singing with my own vocals and lyrics in english. Thats why the song is called Josy. One day I met Roman who wanted to take this music with him and so we made this thing together. The sax player was a student. I never met him again. Don't know what he's singing in Polish but I like his great voice. Music by me, lyrics and vocals by Roman Karczewski. I dedicate this issue to Roman.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 10th, 2005 · 11:34 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Nice sound, truly peaceful. Very 80's! It's very european, and there is little bit of cheese in there, but it is an uplifting song. I'd say that the vocals are mixed a bit loud or at the very least eq'd a little painfully. Also in need of a de-esser because of the nature of the vocalist's voice.

I like this because it is quite different to most of the other music on the site. For instance, the sax makes a nice change. Production job is also (aside from a few dubious mixing decisions) very good.

Cool stuff
#3December 9th, 2005 · 09:01 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Really big sound... But then that's your typical style... those synth choirs are really impressive, sound like Mike Oldfield's - wish I had them too

I think JBP can translate this or atleast say what this is about

but it sounds great, whatever - this is a pop song that will fit in to any bar night
dunno if it'll make a top 100 to the fin de siecle, but it's definately something that gives one a big mind boost.

ok... good stuff... I guess you make a great session musician!
#4December 12th, 2005 · 03:56 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
I like this song, and it's a personal complement that Triton has not been afraid to work with two (i guess) Poles sharing his musical tastes and ideas.

This is a very lyrical song, it's about missing somebody and hoping that this person will find us one day, and that we will stay together till the end of time.

I really love the music, the sax solo is done very nicely.
Let's hope we can hear some more from Triton soon.
#5December 13th, 2005 · 07:06 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Australia
the song is great!
im not gonna comment on the production as it was done ages ago and you probably wont re-mix it etc

but thats a very good song..like the sax bit!
#6December 15th, 2005 · 05:05 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
t
If the vocals weren't quite so loud, this would be an anthem. Bloody brilliant vocals and music. This guys got a range, the sax is bang on tasteful, and I can't say any more without being overbearing.

Thanks,

Ken
#7December 17th, 2005 · 12:50 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
WOW
This is fantastic, How did I miss this?  It's been on here since august??  Wow, I am slipping..   This is a very beautiful song...  Great Production....
     Thank you
         Jim K
#8December 19th, 2005 · 06:17 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
Even though the sax + keys combo makes this track sound dated, personally I think its great cause thats what I'm into. Production is great but there seems to be something going on with the eq/compression on the vox, can't put my finger on it though. Great track!
#9December 23rd, 2005 · 03:11 PM
2 posts
Germany
PL
Swietny styl, slowa i muzyka.. Wszystko niesamowite

(great style, words and music... Everything amazing )
#10December 23rd, 2005 · 03:14 PM
2 posts
Germany
Translate??
I can translate if you want
#11September 13th, 2006 · 12:21 AM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
Hey! Llisten, im not trying to be mean, but seriously, what decade do you live in!? You seem to hate any music that doesnt have some sort of 80s vibe to it.....im only posting this cos you posted on all my stuff, which i am aware is technically awful( and i dont need that to be pointed out to me), but i must say that although your songs do sound quite professional , in the way that they are recorded and played, it really isnt a particularly viable stlye, and hasnt been since before i was born(1984) in great britain and ireland. there may be a slight 80s revival going on here recently, but it is obviously a revival of the kind of music that passed you by during this time. I am sorry if ive offended you, which im not tryin to do, but this sort of music has definately had its day. I dont doubt your abillities, just your taste, and attitude. Please I hope I havent annoyed you, but i would be interested to know what kind of music you listen to? and im not being sarcastic this time, honestly( i know you might not believe this,but, hand on heart, im not.) Iand i dont mean to patronise, but maybe i could point you in the direction of some good, new music. Check out Polar Bear, if you havent already, they are very good, modern jazz.
Oh and sorry for the long comment, im in a sort of strange mood.
Hope to hear from you soon.
#12September 14th, 2006 · 03:20 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Thank you for the chords. it's really nice to hear some harmonic movement. Nice progression and your usual excellent playing. It's almost too pretty but the guy's voice adds the right amount of informality.

I agree with Kmeroddy (see above) in one respect; that the production is somewhat dated. I think it's a bit on the David Foster side of what I like in production but it's really well executed. And from what I gather from your post intro, this was done a while ago when this style had, presumably, more currency.
It makes me nostalgic for a time when technique and harmony mattered.

Sax solo is sweet and the background "Ahhs" are really cool. As usual with your stuff, this is a great job.

Btw, i don't think it's really fair to bring Polar Bear into this. While they are cool, fun and very accessible, their stuff is Jazz, not pop. I would really like to see them live, though.
#13September 14th, 2006 · 12:43 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Kmeroddy - "Maybe i could point you in the direction of some good, new music."

No offence mate, but I find most of the best music I know was produced before I was born ('88) and that all of the crap that comes out nowadays (in mainstream) is based on who can layer in the most crap with the mathematically most catchy hook, who can go fastest and most intense, or who can look and sound most depressed. 

The music industry repeats itself - afterall, how many different genres can you actually come up with?  At some point someone will have to revert to a revamped version of a previous one.  Look at the number of cover songs floating around...there's masses.

As far as this song goes, I think it's techincally impressive and very relaxing.  Irrespective of era placement, I would definatley listen to this (and god forbid we bring up the 'genres kills music' debate).
#14September 14th, 2006 · 03:38 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Hey Kmeroddy,

If you like PB check out Ornette Coleman. He was doing this stuff in the '50s and kicking ass. It's not as playful as Polar Bear but i think it translates to record better.

As for the style of this song, I came up playing in bands in the '80s and this stuff is part of what we were playing. I liked it then and still do though I confess it is indeed dated. I like it because it requires skill and knowledge to put together. It's not just dicking around on Fruity Loops.

It seems anybody with the right software can produce a song nowadays that's tecchnically accurate but the stuff on the amp that I gravitate to is stuff that requires musicianship as well as editing chops (like TK's stuff). I just got FL and i'm stunned at how easy it is to throw a song together. Pick your drum sample, loop it, repeat as necessary. if you don't want to , you never have to pick up (or even learn) an instrument. I was really taken aback.

But in today's world, the studio is the instrument and the producer is the artist. Instrumentalist shmucks like me are just contractors. In fact, i did a session for someone last year and only played thru each section of two songs once. When i asked him why, he said he just needed enough to cut and paste waht i had down so he was good..

when i finally heard the tracks, i couldn't even recognize the guitar playing as me! He recut the SH%T out of it. I felt violated. The next guy who wants to use me to fatten up his loop library can kiss my ass and learn to play it himself.

On the other hand, Fruity Loops is fun as hell!!
#15September 14th, 2006 · 04:31 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
ballad and a half
this is a song of its time...............

i love it

more please.............

splash

freedom fish
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 11:07 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.