#1June 16th, 2013 · 01:27 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Sleepless Nights

This song is not in a battle

Well, hello. It's been a while.

Recorded this a few minutes ago on a garbage portable 8-track. There's a horrible mis-hit note in one of the guitar tracks that I tried to edit but punching in and out was so painful I just didn't bother. Three tracks, recorded in one-shot.

This is a cover of a really old, obscure song by a country duo that I learned how to play on the ukulele many years ago, and my interest in it was revived when the almighty Eddie Vedder covered it on his album Ukulele Songs.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 16th, 2013 · 06:08 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Added to playlist ...
Sounds like some long lost Elvis recording .... or something from one of the Beatles
A beautiful song beautifully done by a beautiful soul ... a royal flush
Enjoying it over and over again ... nice one Avi keep it up ... it's like a shining star
#3June 17th, 2013 · 07:30 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
You humble me, buddy. You're far too kind. Thank you.

It's good to record again. It's been too long.
#4June 17th, 2013 · 02:57 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
We've been missing you Avi -
What lovely song - pleased that you have not forgotten us, sharing your music with us.

You could put it through a noise reduction process like found on Adobe Audition, but I'd re-record it again with the pre-amps lowered; I'm certain the cause of the hiss, then normalise it when you import into your PC.

WELCOME BACK 
#5June 25th, 2013 · 10:49 AM
5 threads / 4 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Nice performance. You have a really pleasant singing voice that is obviously showcased in this recording.
Good, solid guitar work.
I haven't used a portable multitrack recorder in quite a while but I remember having the same issues with doing punch ins and editing.
#6July 4th, 2013 · 06:53 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hey Avi. This song has deserved to be worked out up to a full band-arrangement. So much potential.
With a bit routine you might get on better with your recording tools (i.e. auto punch).

Stay tuned...........

U.L.I.
#7July 5th, 2013 · 04:23 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
long time ....
nice to have u back....

is that the Caribbean i hear lapping in the background ..... i so hope so

crafted and lovely song well delivered

great to see u  again

swordfish
#8July 11th, 2013 · 05:07 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Well, thanks all! As usual, you all humble me.

Denis wrote…
We've been missing you Avi -
What lovely song - pleased that you have not forgotten us, sharing your music with us.

Not forgotten, just...neglected, I guess. Life has a way of catching up, sometimes. Hopefully I can make time for the little things like this that make me happy.

Denis wrote…
You could put it through a noise reduction process like found on Adobe Audition, but I'd re-record it again with the pre-amps lowered; I'm certain the cause of the hiss, then normalise it when you import into your PC.

It's just a garbage multitrack recorder. This is after noise reduction, believe it or not. I'll probably just buy a better one soon.

Denis wrote…
WELCOME BACK  :razz:

Glad to be!

swordfish wrote…
nice to have u back....

is that the Caribbean i hear lapping in the background ..... i so hope so

crafted and lovely song well delivered

great to see u  again

swordfish

Thanks for your great feedback. The vibe is very laid back—I love playing this on a uke when it's raining, actually. Very cliched, but fun.

thomasallencummins wrote…
Nice performance. You have a really pleasant singing voice that is obviously showcased in this recording.
Good, solid guitar work.

Thanks! Guitar flubbed one note horribly, but otherwise it's a fun simple tune, and recorded with far less than my usual number of mistakes.

thomasallencummins wrote…
I haven't used a portable multitrack recorder in quite a while but I remember having the same issues with doing punch ins and editing.

It's almost fascist how difficult it is. I've owned the thing for 5 years and may not have attempted even 10 punch-ins since. I find it quicker and easier just to record the whole track again.

ULI wrote…
Hey Avi. This song has deserved to be worked out up to a full band-arrangement. So much potential.
With a bit routine you might get on better with your recording tools (i.e. auto punch).

Stay tuned...........

U.L.I.

I generally record on my computer, where there is plenty of opportunity to fix things like this. I'm lazy, so I don't, but I can and that's what matters! This is just the product of this really horrible device that I've probably harped on too much about now.

What would you suggest in a full-band arrangement? You mean a bass and percussion? I own a bass and many percussion instruments and can finger-drum like a boss but it didn't sound great to my ears—something about the charm of the song works stripped down. If you have any particular suggestions, I can try to take them for a spin and see how it sounds, or if you ever want to collaborate on it, I'm down.
#9July 17th, 2013 · 07:20 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Hey sweeeet vocal mate & on these old creature's  sound's authentic and the spirit lives
Thanks for posting performance ace

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 28th, 2024 · 5:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.